My first for 2018 - AZ Bf-109-F4 1/72

After enjoying all the wonderful builds on here I thought it was time to share my modest work.  This is my first completed build for 2018, finished several weeks ago.  Dezso Szentgyogyi was the ranking Hungarian ace of World War 2, credited with 31 kills.  The model represents a machine from early in his career, a Bf 109-F4 flown with 1/1 FS of the Royal Hungarian Air force from Rossoh in early 1943.  The kit is the very nice AZ 109-F4 built OOTB, brush painted with Lifecolour acrylics, decals by HAD.  After striving to get a nice even coverage with brush painting, the challenge with this model was to make the winter whitewash streaky and rough looking.  I actually used a very pale grey for the white. 

IMG_9619IMG_9612IMG_9614IMG_9615IMG_9616

Thanks for looking, criticism and advice welcome.

Andrew

Edited by Andwil
Photos added! (fingers crossed)
  • Like 11

Looks like my first attempt at posting pics was a complete fail. ☹️  I'll try and sort it out.

Andrew

Nice Messerschmidt, quite colorful

Winter camouflage is very challenging task, i like your execution.

Only what i will do different is exhaust trails, maybe will try to do it with pigment, chalk....so get more soft look.....but this is just suggestion.

Again nice 109, so now waiting for second one in 2018.....:)

Best regards Djordje

• Thanks 1

Hmmmmmm...just the thought of attempting a streaky winter camo makes anything with a NMF seem positively easy! Well done for having the b*lls to attempt it. And bl**dy well done for pulling it off! Lovely build...

...right, off to brush paint that B29...aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

• Like 1