Classic Airframes Sea Vampire Prototype 1/48

Colin W

Well the upper surfaces are now complete, dive brakes opened and other bits added. I realised the rudders are higher than the fins so I added some 1mm rod and faired it in will putty. The pitot is quite small so I clamped some carbon fiber rod into a section of brass tube and glued it on with CA and faired it in as well. I thought I was finished but just noticed the nose door is missing....

IMG_1183

IMG_1184

Decals next. I have already printed the serial numbers and the roundels will be from Xtradecal.

Colin

• Like 2

Well quite close to the end but I'm finished. Decals on and sealed. A light wash for shadows and a shiny finish.

I made a small base as its really a diorama.

IMG_1241

The famous tail shot. Yes the flaps were that close. They were knocked off on the 4th landing!

IMG_1256

The first twin to land on a carrier, the first jet to land on a carrier and the first swept wing to land on a carrier. The first 2 by Winkle and the last by Mike Lithgow.

IMG_1226

The Vampire and Venom collection. Sea Vixen is in a box in England.

IMG_1218

Sea Vampire with Sea Venom

IMG_1225

Cheers and thanks for the comments and likes

Colin

• Like 4

well done indeed on a wonderful model!!!You made a huge amount of progress over the last couple of days and the wee diorama finishes it all off perfectly.

It was great to see an important aircraft in Naval aviation in the build.

Well thank you for joining us here with your wonderful build, it was a great pleasure to watch the build progressing. I do hope you enjoyed the build, I do like your collection of Vampire's and Venom's....... especially the RAN one! :D 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Richard 

This was a very enjoyable build with a good base kit and a balance between assembly and scratching for the modification. 

Thanks for the support and comments  along the way. 

Colin 

Another lovely build Colin and a nice tribute to 'Winkle' Brown.

(I was dissapointed that the proposed 'Winkle' Brown Group Build never came to fruition...)

Cliff