Uschi's Rigthatthing query

Timmas

Another question to the BM Brains' Trust ... 🦉

Can anyone steer me on the best way to use and attach Uschiline please? I completed a Mig 15 recently and used some of the Superfine for the radio line as it looks to be in scale for 1/72. I attached it with small drops of Superglue at both ends and took care not to overstretch it but after a few days it came adrift. I replaced it and got the same result. Is there a knack to using this stuff? The Superfine is, well, super fine, and barely visible. I might get some of the Fine instead..does that hold better?

Any advice and/or comments will be greatly appreciated. :thanks: in advance.

Hi @@Timmas

I love this stuff and used it here:

I use very fine fibre tip tweezers to handle it and the technique I use is: dot of super glue ( I use zap odorless) where the thread needs to be anchored, then after the thread has made contact, touch the glee with a brush loaded  with this:

zipkicker.jpg

It sets rock hard in milliseconds and then repeat for the other anchor point, the Mig UTI in the link has still got the rigging and I occasionally twang it for no good reason and it stays put! A thought, you may have cut the rigging too short and its overstretched, I usually cut a length 5 mm less than the unstretched distance between the anchor points.

Cheers

• Like 2

20 hours ago, azureglo said:

Hi @@Timmas

I love this stuff and used it here:

I use very fine fibre tip tweezers to handle it and the technique I use is: dot of super glue ( I use zap odorless) where the thread needs to be anchored, then after the thread has made contact, touch the glee with a brush loaded  with this: 

It sets rock hard in milliseconds and then repeat for the other anchor point, the Mig UTI in the link has still got the rigging and I occasionally twang it for no good reason and it stays put! A thought, you may have cut the rigging too short and its overstretched, I usually cut a length 5 mm less than the unstretched distance between the anchor points.

Cheers

Very nice MiG.👍🏻 It's the same as mine, except I did mine in natural metal finish. The superfine thread certainly seems to be in scale for 1/72 so I'd really like to stay with it.

I'm pretty sure I didn't over-stretch it but I didn't use kicker as it seemed to hold pretty well (initially) without it. I will try it though, so I'll persevere! I also wonder if the metal finish is part of the problem. I used AKA's true metal polishable paint (the stuff in tubes) which has a waxy feel to it. I'm wondering if that's affecting the adhesion.

Anyway, very many :thanks: for the tips. They're much appreciated. I'll give the kicker a go and see what happens next time 😊