26 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

@clive_t mentioned I post these in his thread, but due to postimage problems I'm not sure if there still visible.

Ozzy, they were still displaying fine in my thread this morning :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Derek A said:

Thank you very much for repeating the pictures Ozzy, they will definately help me provide representative 'greenery'!

My pleasure Derek,

dependant on the level of detail your after, there were snails all over the bushes. The bushes were scrub/ tumble weed like until we had a bit of rain, then they sprung into action going green as if by magic.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, clive_t said:

Ozzy, they were still displaying fine in my thread this morning :thumbsup2:

Thanks Clive, my theads have been hit and miss with pictures the old postimage setup.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

My pleasure Derek,

dependant on the level of detail your after, there were snails all over the bushes. The bushes were scrub/ tumble weed like until we had a bit of rain, then they sprung into action going green as if by magic.

Snails, wow, that's not what I would have expected in the middle of the Sahara!   I'm not sure I'm up for modelling snails in 1/35!  I had heard of the effect rain has on the desert, nature is a wonderful thing!  I've spent the evening making some 'wirie bushes' and some more grass clumps.  The clay on the back should have dried tomorrow and I can get back to finishing the sand and rocks!  I'm looking forward to getting the vehicles in place!

So I've made up some shrubbery, a basic desert grass, a spiky bush and a bushier bush.  These are being deployed and then it's set the vehicles and blend in.  I won't be posting any more overall views until it's finished, I have to keep something back for the big reveal!

40644331050_4278597357_h.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, clive_t said:

Fantastic scene, Derek, well done sir :clap2:

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:yikes: Excellent 👍

Thank you sir!

• Like 1

Really well done - I've been following with interest - the DAS clay seemed to work OK - I may have to get some from Hobbycraft - I feel a diorama coming on :goodjob:

24 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Really well done - I've been following with interest - the DAS clay seemed to work OK - I may have to get some from Hobbycraft - I feel a diorama coming on :goodjob:

Thank you, I really enjoyed all the aspects of this build, but the ground work is always a highlight!  The use of clay rather than paper mache was certainly easier, it dried in a third of the time!  Lumps and bumps are easily evened out with a bit more clay feathered in with a wet finger!  It takes paint well too, like it's been undercoated.  The frame is 12" x 12" and I used less than half a kilo. 

All things considered it's clay for me in the future!  Anybody want to buy some paper mache?

13 hours ago, Major_Error said:

Just great!

8-)

Thank you

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'm liking that a lot Derek, full of atmospere & action, no one standing around looking spare, I'd say you've caught it wonderfully well. :thumbsup:

Steve.

Thank you Steve

7 hours ago, Ripaman said:

That is one heck of a dio Derek very nicely done :like:

Regards

Richard

Thank you Richard

54 minutes ago, Getunderit said:

Really enjoyed looking at the photographic progress of this diorama.

Derek, you are doing a fantastic job as usual.

Thanks for showing how you do things. I am learning from such build logs.

Thanks Pete, my pleasure!

• Thanks 1