Mil Mi-24V / 35 Hind E - Revell 1/72

My first Helicopter build. Not an easy one either. Revell's re-boxing of the marvellous Zvezda Mi-35 (although they're calling it a 24V; the 35 is the 'export' version).

A complex kit and 8/10 on the fiddly scale but, with care, it builds into a nice model.

Long WiP with lots of help from others here.

Hand painted with a mixture of acrylics, mostly Revell's that I purchased at the same time as the kit some years ago (and some still liquid!). AK True Metal paste for metallics.

Satin varnish. Infini for the aerials.

I hope you like it :) 

27234710647_0ae9a032fe_c.jpg

41385390664_a55b737d3d_c.jpg

42104919151_5e33394874_c.jpg

41385389704_86ae9dfa0c_c.jpg

28232205218_eb19dcd2e0_c.jpg

42104917911_fd581bc0fe_c.jpg

41203990705_4e0b238abd_c.jpg

41385390184_bc1f4d1202_c.jpg

IMG_0399 by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

• Like 39

Mean and aggressive, it turned out great in the end, Ced 👏🏻 👏🏻 Choppers aren't my thing, normally, but I reckon this has some appeal 😉

I'd  have personally pushed a bit more on the weathering, but I reckon that with all those sticky out bits it's easier said than done ... :whistle: :D

Ciao

Edited by giemme

8 hours ago, giemme said:

Mean and aggressive, it turned out great in the end, Ced 👏🏻 👏🏻 Choppers aren't my thing, normally, but I reckon this has some appeal 😉

I'd  have personally pushed a bit more on the weathering, but I reckon that with all those sticky out bits it's easier said than done ... :whistle: :D

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio :) Choppers aren't my thing either, really. Damn you Die Hard...

I did think about weathering but all the references show her pretty clean, probably as she appears at air shows. Saved me some work too!

8 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Nice model.  That paint scheme is... interesting. Looking at your wip this thing fought you all the way.

Thanks James :) 'Interesting' as in the Chinese curse? It was a pain and it's not quite right, but I can't cope with more than two colours...

8 hours ago, bbudde said:

Great Ced!. Like it very much. :goodjob:

Thanks Benedikt :) 

8 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Very nice build Ced.

As said, you fought all the way and won, yet again.

Well done sir.

Simon.

Thanks Simon, very kind :) 

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very good build 👍 Great looking Hind :clap2:

Thanks Dennis :) 

5 hours ago, TheBaron said:

That looks just smashing: you really have pulled that together into a striking piece of work Ced and should feel rightly pleased. 🥂

Thanks Tony - I might be pleased later... right now I'm just glad it's over! :) 

3 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Congratulations with your first helicopter Ced! Looks great in this camouflage, very interesting paint work 👏🎉

Thanks Nikolay :) 

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

For a first time 'copter build I think you've done a brilliant job. I've only ever built two myself and I don't find them fun at all.

See you on your next build.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, very kind of you :) I agree with you, they're not fun!

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Top job from a top man

Lovely work Ced

11/10 for percy-verence

Thanks Bill, really appreciated from my helicopter master :) 

1 hour ago, Buzby061 said:

Very nice indeed. I'm toying with getting one & doing it in a Polish scheme. 

Pete

It's a nice kit Pete but I found it quite challenging, especially the instructions which are sometimes vague...

Some of the assemblies, especially the front bit, rely on some confidence in their design but the kit does fit nicely IMHO :) 

• Like 4

Excellent result for a first copter build, something a little more straight forward next time perhaps?? Luv the scheme. Was lucky enough to see a Hind up close and personal at Biggin Hill in the most amazing colours ever. Had the Alien look from HR Geiger and, as I have the Revell 1/48 kit, have been tempted but not sure either my skills or my sanity are up to the challenge!

• Like 1

Thanks Simon :) Definitely something easier for the next one!

I saw an Alien scheme model at the Gloucester show on Sunday - 1/48 and all hand-painted. Impressive, but still a bit mad...