Spitfire Mk.IXE 1/72 Eduard

Hi folks,

the Eduard kit been for a while here, but just recently I got to my plan for getting it stripped a bit. Actually, it was built for the upcoming Valiant Wings Supermarine Spitfire Part 1 book. Built with some of the Brassin range accessories plus Master Model brass turned barrels. The last shot shows part of my scrap yard, I guess I need to add some of the earlier marks as well 🙂

Cheers

Libor

41383679484_ea0dc715e0_b.jpg

40296410280_5dae03a14e_b.jpg

41383679054_92c5c0ec62_b.jpg

40296409580_9e327b1ce0_b.jpg

• Like 45
  • Thanks 4

I have said before, and have to say again, your models are among the very best in 72 scale.

Every single kit is a joy to look at.

Such a clean build, such nice details, and a perfect paint job.

Simply superb.

With best greetings from Vienna!

Roman

• Like 2

As always, beautiful work, Libor. It's hard to believe it's 1/72 scale. It would be impressive in 1/24, but in 1/72 ... Wow!

It makes an old styrene butcher like me want to burn my stash and take up knitting.

Chris

What an amazing collection of beautifully built Supermarines made more remarkable when it actually sinks in that they're all to 1/72nd scale. 

Well done Libor, they're stunning. 

Many thanks for all comments chaps!

16 hours ago, PaulV said:

Wow. Amazing, superb. Very well done.

Question: How did you do the fuel tank on one of your spits? Aftermarket or just made it yourself? 

The fuel tank on the PR XIX was part of Armycast resin set.

They're 1/72?!  I may as well give up now!.  Fantastic work.  Although if I am honest I would have to say that the prominent rivets are not to my taste - but its your model and the standard of building and detailing is amazing.

Andrew

1 hour ago, Andwil said:

They're 1/72?!  I may as well give up now!.  Fantastic work.  Although if I am honest I would have to say that the prominent rivets are not to my taste - but its your model and the standard of building and detailing is amazing.

Andrew

I agree Andrew. Despite I'm big fan of rivets on scale models, I believe without them the kit would come out better. They are too prominent, non-consistent and not placed correctly for late IX's (e.g. filled leading edge up to 30% of profile depth). I believe I could make them more subtle on my own.

44 minutes ago, Gazontipede said:

What is the provenance of that rather tasty Seafire 47? Surely it isn't a Jay's Models example?

It's Special Hobby kit.

Cheers!

Libor

Hells bells! 

That's a superb model.

I cannot live up to your standards, so I am going to give up this hobby and take up .......

Rock climbing or hang gliding or sailing round the world single handed or anything provided it is easier.

😱