1/144 - North American XB-70 Valkyrie by Armory Models Group - released

Homebee

Thanks Tali.

Armory Models Group is working on a 1/144th North American XB-70 Valkyrie kit - ref. AR14701

Sources:

http://www.greenmats.club/topic/4884-armory-1144-xb-70-valkyrie-анонс/ 

https://www.facebook.com/armorymodelsgroup/photos/a.1402378656653208.1073741829.1402311443326596/2550142541876808/?type=3&theater

Sn-mka-obrazovky-z-2019-04-12-09-30-42.p

185405572-4341413619285407-1915502903350

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Armoryman said:

Which what-if version You'd like to see in the decal set?

I'd definitely buy one if the what-if decals included 92nd Wing markings from the SAC era. I think the "Seahawk" tail markings they used to have on Fairchild AFB B-52s and KC-135s would look quite good on the tails of a Valkyrie. The SAC sash and shield would also look good on it.

Edited by upnorth

4 hours ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Hannants already have a TBA listing - I'll have one. Two if they throw in a set of What-if decals. Would rather have Cyber-Hobby would release a 1/200 though, I don't have much room!

Cyber-Hobby did release one, back in 2015, http://www.dragon-models.com/d-m-item.asp?pid=CHC2015

Not sure how easy it would be to get hold of one, though.

Love the subject but, think I will pass on it. Wrong scale😤! Now, if they were prepared to issue s decent, new 1/72 kit!😀😀😀

Allan

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 7:47 PM, Armoryman said:

Which what-if version You'd like to see in the decal set?

Take your pick!

http://www.edwardsflighttest.com/b70.html

I suspect white would have been required to keep cool - like Concorde - plus bare metal everywhere not too hot to save weight which even in the early test program was looking marginal. So white underside and leading edges, NMF, SAC stripe and shield. Should look lovely...

I would have done one of the Cyber Model 1/200s - I have the Vulcan and Northrop flying wings in the scale, very nice - but I've never seen a listing for it outside Japan and there only already built.

Edited by TallBlondJohn
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - North American XB-70 Valkyrie by Armory Models Group - box art - release in 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - North American XB-70 Valkyrie by Armory Models Group - box art+3D renders+schemes+decals - release in 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - North American XB-70 Valkyrie by Armory Models Group - box art+3D renders+schemes+decals - release in March 2023
23 minutes ago, Booty003 said:

That looks magnificent.  I was very fortunate to see this in the flesh a few years ago, breath-taking aircraft. 

As a USAF historic preservation intern, I visited the site of the 1966 crash of 62-0207 in 1994 and compiled an official California Archaeological Site Report. I also collected several pieces of the airplane for the Flight Test Center Museum at Edwards AFB. Twenty-eight years after that tragic accident it was still possible to find small pieces of the white-painted aluminum skin and titanium honeycomb at the site. It was a sobering experience.

• Like 4

The two XB-70s were different in some respects. As I recall, the 2nd had a pronounced wing dihedral that the 1st didn't have. I'm going to presume this difference isn't represented in the kit, though there are markings for both planes.

• Like 1