Greetings Folks,

Its been a while since i posted anything following the Matchbox GB.

Here is my latest effort, Academy's Thunderbolt Nose Art Edition. The option i chose was the one on the box top the well known Big A$$ed Bird 2 flown by Major Howard Parks.

Although this is not as perfect a kit as the Tamiya version it built up without any problems whatsoever IMHO a very nice kit. I built it OOTB but used a set of Hobbyboss decals i had in the stash as Academy's aren't the best in my experience. The entire model is brush painted using Revell acrylics. Masking was a bit of a chore but it appears to have been worth the effort in the end. Here's the pics...

41357260994_520b64a68a_z.jpgIMG_2736 

27206681487_0afce65650_z.jpgIMG_2732 

28204271218_e8d276ce98_z.jpgIMG_2734 

42031699352_eb689344bc_z.jpgIMG_2735 

27206679307_1f7ee5a7bd_z.jpgIMG_2733 

27206684067_1f233e2c9a_z.jpgIMG_2731 

Well thats it for now, see ya later, and thanks for looking.

Cheers

Greg

• Like 27

52 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Nice to see another one of your fine builds. Great job with this one. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Thanks for the kind comments. This one was a bit of a mojo booster, and I'm already starting a new build as we speak. 

Cheers Greg😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neo uk said:

I'd be cafeful if I were you Greg. I started a thread on a "big bottom" spaceship and got a bollocking off the admins for swearing and got told to change it.

Hi Neo,

No problem if it needs changed but that's the name of the plane so to speak! Strangely enough the the real aircraft received admonishment from the squadron Chaplain who thought it was profane! The Jug retained its moniker despite this.

Cheers Greg

5 hours ago, IanC said:

Very nice model. The paintwork is excellent.

Thanks Ian!

NMF isn't my favourite to brush paint but it came out ok with a bit of micromesh and elbow grease. 

Cheers Greg 👍

On 13/05/2018 at 18:38, Neo uk said:

I'd be cafeful if I were you Greg. I started a thread on a "big bottom" spaceship and got a telling off from the admins for swearing and got told to change it.

Your potty-mouth tendencies showed yet again in that warning about swearing which contained more swearing before I edited it out. :shrug:  As that's the name of the aircraft, and Greg had the good grace to obfuscate it a little, we're ok with that.  Funnily enough, we can tell the difference between a name of something and bad language for the sake of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1