Revell 1/72 Vought F4U Corsair

Not sure what's happening with the canopy? It's supposed to slide back not tilt to one side. Why didn't you paint it?

Anyway you're obviously new to modelling. There are obvious mistakes like the wrongly placed decals on the propeller. But that's all part of the learning curve. 

Two suggestions. Don't worry too much about weathering just yet. Remember 'less is more'. Build some nice clean models first with light weathering. Also don't be too quick to copy other modellers techniques. Use original photos. A common mistake is overdo the weathering on aircraft. What looks right on a tank is too much on an aeroplane. 

But you're on the right track. You'll definitely improve for each build.

• Like 5

Well the basic's are all there so we have the making's of a fine new modeller,Noel has covered most ofwhat you need for your next build(s)so

get going,did you gloss coat the model before putting the decal's on? they have silvered a bit.

Hello Blackarrow Like others have said its a good start. My thoughts for newer modelers are to try one new technique or process per model. You can go back later after you have learned more and add or fix what you dont like. By going slow you will learn faster and there is less chance you will get frustrated. Do Not try to replicate another modelers work ! Be your own builder and build to make yourself happy not others. I cannot express this enough. A good standard is to ask yourself this. “Can I still be happy with this model tomorrow, a month, a year ? If you have any questions please ask we as a forum are here to help. 

Dennis 

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments, guys. I did not gloss coat the model. Since I am on budget, I do not have airbrush, not sure if I can apply it with brush only. For the decals, I tried to cut them as much as possible, to avoid these visible "transparent" parts, and I used water only.

On the other hand, I still think that I used too thick layers of colors, so there are visible brush strokes as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackarrow said:

Thanks for the comments, guys. I did not gloss coat the model. Since I am on budget, I do not have airbrush, not sure if I can apply it with brush only. For the decals, I tried to cut them as much as possible, to avoid these visible "transparent" parts, and I used water only.

On the other hand, I still think that I used too thick layers of colors, so there are visible brush strokes as well.

Don't let the lack of an airbrush put you off there are some top quality brush painter's here on BM,what paint's are you using Acrylic or emamel?

2 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Don't let the lack of an airbrush put you off there are some top quality brush painter's here on BM,what paint's are you using Acrylic or emamel?

I am using Revell Aqua Colors, which are actually acrylic paints.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackarrow said:

I am using Revell Aqua Colors, which are actually acrylic paints.

Acrylic's are better thinned with water or a dedicated thinner try and practice different consistancies and find one that suit's dont worry if it takes 

Two or three coats and leave plenty of drying time in between.