Restored Hurricane Take Off - 1/48 Airfix Mk.I Hurricane with motorised prop

On 13/05/2018 at 10:46, stevej60 said:

Superb work all round Stix the retracting U/C really does give it an animated pose to go with the spinning prop I'm sure It'll inspire more in flight build's in future.

Hi Steve and thank you very much for your kind comments. I was inspired by other builds for the idea for this model and I think it does make the display look quite dynamic.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 13/05/2018 at 14:38, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Stix,

Very good result with your Hurricane dio. The motorised prop really gives it that nice finishing touch. Didn't you do a 1/72 scale version too?

Brilliant build as always.

All the best Greg

Hi Greg and thank you very much for your kind comments. And what a memory you have! I did do a 1/72 Hurricane taking off - but used a PropBlur - as I didn't have any micro motors that I have since discovered. The photos can be found here. And I got to weather it too!

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 1

On 13/05/2018 at 15:09, HOUSTON said:

Stix,

EXQUISITELY built with STUNNING finish.. the colors are quite resplendent and your photography is EXCELLENT!

Stix, sir ,your photos are AWESOME and like the way you display the Hurricane in the vignette.

BEAUTIFUL work and most IMPRESSIVE model I have seen.

would love to see it in person. 

:wow:   :worthy:  

Hi Houston. Great to see you here again on BM! I hope you are well.

As always, thank you very much for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix 

Stix,

Delighted to see another of your aircraft builds (there aren't enough of them in my view!). And what  a build; what they all said...just brilliant (and a thoroughly good read too).

KRs

• Thanks 1

On 13/05/2018 at 15:14, Spitfire31 said:

Excellent idea and ditto realisation!

Perhaps a clear perspex mounting pole, attached just in front of the ventral strake for a sharper angle would have enhanced the sense of speed and realism even further? And it's easier to mentally disregard a support, if it's not painted like the subject itself. All IMHO, of course…

Really slick job!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Hi Joachim and thank you very much for your kind comments and suggestions. I did think about clear perspex tube but the wires from the battery to the prop motor would have been visible inside - so not much of a gain. Good point about the colour. If I do another like this I will experiment with some different colours. With regards the positioning and angle of the support - I did it further back because I thought it would be shorter and therefore less on view. As it turns out it didn't look as good with it closer to the base so I ended up with it higher and hence more of it is visible. Oh well - food for thought for the next one! Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 13/05/2018 at 16:21, pipthepilot said:

Great little diorama, really nicely thought out. Love the spinning prop, but you could sit for hours watching it whilst making engines noises. 🙂

Thank you very much pipthepilot - most kind! And how did you guess? Can't have a spinning prop without making the noises! I have also played the video I took of the actual R4118 taking off nearby - so I got the sound!.....but don't tell anyone! :winkgrin: :pilot:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 1

On 13/05/2018 at 17:01, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Stix - Brilliant work as always!👏😉👍

Hi mcdonnell! How are you? Well I hope. Thank you very much, as always, for your most kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix 

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2018 at 20:41, F-32 said:

Wonderful piece of work, first class build

Hi F-32. Thank you very much for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 13/05/2018 at 20:46, MarkSH said:

Enjoyed following the build Stix, the result speaks for it's self but was really well conceived, executed and presented, great work.

Hi Mark. As always, thank you for your very comments.

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 13/05/2018 at 21:00, PattheCat said:

Flawless as usual. You've got  such a knack for presenting "active" displays and very nice photography too.

Regards

Pat

Hi Pat. Thank you very much for your very kind comments. I do like trying to add another dimension to my models - it's sometimes adds a bit of a challenge! :pilot:

And I enjoy the photography side too - sometimes too much and it becomes difficult to decide which photos to chose. :camera:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 13/05/2018 at 21:04, modelling minion said:

Another fantastic build Stix.

Brilliant build from start to finish.

Well done mate.

Hi Craig. Thank you very much - you are very kind as always. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 13/05/2018 at 21:47, jrlx said:

Hi Stix!

Great job! Good to have your builds back!

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Jaime and lovely to hear from you. Thank you for your kind comments. I have been around but I have got bitten by the AFV bug and also by building kits in the GB section. I find having a deadline quite a good motivation plus I sometimes build things I wouldn't have normally tried.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 14/05/2018 at 19:25, Lovely Pig said:

WOW Stix, just wow. Love everything about it :worthy:

Hi L.P. Thank you very much for your kind comments. You are most kind. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 14/05/2018 at 22:37, Newbie(kinda) said:

Stix,

Delighted to see another of your aircraft builds (there aren't enough of them in my view!). And what  a build; what they all said...just brilliant (and a thoroughly good read too).

KRs

Good evening! Hope you are well.

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I have another aircraft build planned for a STGB soon although I am building a Tiger 1 in the meantime.......

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 15/05/2018 at 14:04, trickydicky210 said:

Stix

Fantastic work

Cheers Rich

Hi Rich and thank you very much for your very kind comments. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 16/05/2018 at 20:37, Hewy said:

Great job stix, love the landing gear position, really dynamic

Hi Glynn. Thank you very much. I can't lay claim to the basic idea of the landing gear position - seen plenty of other modellers use it - but it does add another dimension to a model displayed in flight.

I have been meaning to do my usual thing of editing some of the photos into B&W and editing out the support pole. I'll get some done and post a few when I get chance.

Thank you again to everyone who has taken the time to comment.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/06/2018 at 23:56, giemme said:

Totally missed this, absolutely brilliant! :wow::clap:

I love the take off pose :worthy:

Ciao

Hi Giorgio. No problem about missing it until now. There’s so much going on on Britmodeller that I miss loads. Thank you very much for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1