Rafale B query

DaveJL

Hello all,

A question for those who know their Rafales...

If the jet is armed with the AASM, does it carry the targeting pod? I've just got a kit from a fellow member and plan to load it up for current operations in the middle east.

I've seen one (obscure) picture of a jet carrying AASMs and the pod but wanted to be sure.

Also, do they, or have they, carried fuselage mounted air to air missiles when deployed?

Thanks

Dave

the raf' carries the Damoclès with AASM, I think that the pod is carried most of the time

If you speak about op Chammal, in most pictures I saw they seem to carry one Mica on the LH wingtip station

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello,

There's no rules for the Rafale with A2SMs because the weapon doen't need laser illumination except the dual version...

Damoclès is use to extract sharp GPS Coord.

For a patrol of 2 Rafale, one use GBUs an other AASMs, most of the time.

For the MICA, take care, only MICA IR on the wing.

😉

Rom.

Thanks folks, that link above is great!

Think I can see a MICA on the fuselage station here - just about see the fins poking out from behind the fuel tank on the below picture:

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/var/dicod/storage/images/base-de-medias/images/operations/irak/chammal-le-cap-des-8000-sorties-aeriennes-est-franchi/2018_ajod_142_a_001_013/9138497-1-fre-FR/2018_ajod_142_a_001_013.jpg

Would that likely be an IR MICA or radar guided variant?

Based on that, think i'll load mine with:

2x MICA IR on the wingtips

3x Fuel tanks

6x AASM

Damocles pod

1x MICA on fuselage?

Had a look and don't think the Rafale M comes with them either. Would anyone have a close up of the fuselage pylon so I can see what it looks like empty?

Cheers

In air defence configuration usually the smaller super sonic tanks are used...

And 2 wing tanks is quize the norm! 3 big ones more the exeption!

Onteresting is also the 4 tanks +refueling pod for the Marine tanker config!

if you want some heavily laden aircraft, you could build a rafale M nounou, with four tanks and a refueling pod.

You have the tanks already, and the pod can be found in the etendard IV p heller.

Joseph

Just did some reseach when I built the Rafale B myself (Libya ops, however). I think they didn't carry the pod on the twin. One reason could be that the two seater has less internal fuel than the single seater, so they didn't want to add even more additional drag. So, if flying in pairs, one had the additional crew member, and the other the illuminating pod.

Alex

Here is a thread where some items were discussed, hope that helps!

Edited by alex

Nah, both used, and the small tanks were already donated!

Could well be, as the range constraint is maybe smaller than flying from Corsica to Libya.

Alex

my M has 3 2000L tanks....

have you checked yours?

building a B currently when I have nothing better to do.... if you are interested....

Edited by exdraken

1 minute ago, exdraken said:

my M has 3 2000L tanks....

have you checked yours?

Used all 3 on my M build :lol: - the B has 2 of the big tanks and 2 of the smaller ones.

• Haha 1

guess you are a jugs' guy.......

I guess I can spare one.....

I actually thought there were resin ones available as well... but can't find any.... so send me a PM!