Scania wrecker & burnt out MAN

I built thus a few years ago but I don’t think I ever posted on here. The base models are Corgi 1:50 die-cast but have been heavily modified!

The rotator body in the Scania is scratch built to my own design and the MAN was weathered with real ash and ground glass.

27185829627_42bcc885e1_c.jpgWrecker 1 by Brian Mather, on Flickr

42011358692_a731c6508d_c.jpgWrecker 5 by Brian Mather, on Flickr

27185832067_c704184eb0_c.jpgWrecker 2 by Brian Mather, on Flickr

27185834197_1712fdf576_c.jpgWrecker 3 by Brian Mather, on Flickr

42055827081_16baa7a15a_c.jpgWrecker 4 by Brian Mather, on Flickr

Not a patch on Tiking's take on the same theme here

Edited by brianthemodeller
Trying to embed the photos instead of linking!
  • Like 7

On 13 May 2018 at 1:00 PM, tiking said:

Like the idea Brian. I appreciate you sharing it with us. I like the recovery too. Being metal, it must have taken some work, eh?

The die-cast models are actually quite easy to work with. They can be broken into component parts really easily and then the paint can be stripped off the metal parts with Nitromors (other varieties of paint stripper are available). There is loads of scope for detailing or conversions and they only take up half the space as a 1/24 model!

In this case, the burnt effect was built up using the overspray from rattle cans. Light wire was used to make the seat frames (although these can't be seen in the pictures) and then a liberal coating of wood ash (burnt coffee stirrers) on the flat surfaces. I cut the rubber tyre back and wrapped very fine wire around the hub to represent the tyre banding. 

• Like 1