Boeing X-32A (Italeri 1/72)

Good afternoon fellow modellers,

something completed again after a long, long time...

So have a fun with this...gizmo from parallel worlds! 🤩

p01BoeingX-32A.jpg

p01aNE09.jpg

p02NE09.jpg

p03NE09.jpg

p04NE09.jpg

p05NE09.jpg

p06NE09.jpg

p07NE09.jpg

p08NE09.jpg

p09NE09fin.jpg

So good bye and see You at some other psychedelic project! 🤪 😁

• Like 39

That looks fantastic. The model & photography are first class.  :goodjob:

It’s got to be one of the ugliest aircraft ever made - absolutely hideous. I saw the real thing at Farnborough, it certainly didn’t set my pulse racing!

Pete

• Like 1

Brilliantly made model.

But that is without doubt the ugliest aeroplane of all time. Needs to be displayed next to a Hunter or Spitfire! 😂

• Like 1

A beautiful model. From a modelling point of view, I am kind of sad that it lost out to the F-35. It would have looked really cool on the flight decks of the Queen Elizabeth class carriers.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Great model with an impressive array of interesting detail work!

Personally I don't really click with airbushed shading on each and every panel joint – more of a modelling fad than realism, but that's me… 😉

Lots of modelling skills on display, that's for sure!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Unbelievable strange looking plane, but with it smiley look......how not to love it :)

What you done with Italeri kit is simply amazing. Beautiful work, everything, from detailing, weathering....simply fantastic

Best regards Djordje

• Thanks 1

A terrific looking model of an aeroplane which, if nothing else, is certainly eye-catching - even if for all the wrong reasons.  A great finish and excellent photography.  What was Boeing thinking though?  I can't believe that huge intake would have been very stealthy.  Perhaps they were trying to save Hasegawa the trouble of having to design one of their Eggplane kits. 

• Like 1

Thank You chaps so much to sharing Yours nice comments! :worthy::worthy::worthy::thanks:

FAAMAN's question was already answered above, but concerning of new double release - it's new boxing but old forms with all theirs incorrectnesses of both kits.

Definitely agreed with Spitfire31 notice regarding panel highlights, I brushed this to be so close as possible (with my skills) to this picture - seems the plane was relatively hardly flown during tests... 

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/c22-627-30.jpg

And finally - You are true Meatbox8, intake shape was one of reasons why this project lost.

Thanks once more to All! :bye:

Thank You chaps so much to sharing Yours nice comments! :worthy::worthy::worthy::thanks:

FAAMAN's question was already answered above, but concerning of new double release - it's new boxing but old forms with all theirs incorrectnesses of both kits.

Definitely agreed with Spitfire31 notice regarding panel highlights, I brushed this to be so close as possible (with my skills) to this picture - seems the plane was relatively hardly flown during tests... 

And finally - You are true Meatbox8, intake shape was one of reasons why this project lost.

Thanks once more to All! :bye:

19 hours ago, MRMLA said:

My guess is that owing to a significant deficiency of hover thrust compared to weight (pictures of it hovering indicate that as many parts that could be removed, e.g. the inlet, were removed), it didn’t get very many coats of paint beyond one, if any. Since much of the exterior consisted of black composite fiber/epoxy panels, that made for a motley finish. With respect to its competitiveness vis-a-vis the X-35, the latter could hover in its full up and away configuration, at Edwards AFB no less (2,500 feet above sea level and usually hotter than the standard day).

• Like 1

Now here's a plane that is worth modelling, something that looks like it is going to go off and do the job. I built mine a long time a go and must get it back into my display. As Martin said, a pity it dindn't win...

Thanks for sharing your pics.

Colin

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 8:22 PM, MRMLA said:

Good afternoon fellow modellers,

something completed again after a long, long time...

So have a fun with this...gizmo from parallel worlds! 🤩

So good bye and see You at some other psychedelic project! 🤪 😁

Hi MRMLA, that's an excellent model! It's nice to see this model getting some attention! I see you replaced the horrible kit fins with new ones, bravo! And you even opened the vortes flaps, one of the very unique features of the design.

I once starting building one too, but I stopped when I noted the shape problems of the model. It took me some time, but I identified the source of the shape of the model, and I sketched the differences with the real planform, at the end of this page:

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/x32.htm

Rob

• Like 1