Bell 212 AAC rotor colours

Pat C

Grateful for advice on the right colour for the rotors on the Army’s Bell 212s. I think white for tail rotor, Black for underside of main rotor and some kind of light grey for topside of main rotor but welcome confirmation particularly any guidance of what the grey would be. LAG maybe?

Pat

I work at MWP and used to work on these, but memory is patchy. I'll have a look on Monday for you but I'm pretty sure the upper side is white with red patches and the tails are white. They are repaired and sprayed by Rotor Blades Ltd in Warminster. Is there anything else you want me to look at?

Steve.

Na the Cobham titles just replaced the FB Heliservices ones so are not linked. I remember the stickers being taken off and coming off in a million pieces, gentle application of paper/scissors/heat gun won the day💪🏻

Edited by speedy

Right then popped in and had a gander. The mains in the Hangar today for all the 212's were black underneath with white/black checks on the upper side (can also be red), with a silver leading edge and yellow tips. The tails are white with black stripes with a silver leading edge. If you want I can get dimensions of the checks and stripes, let me know......

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve - im basing mine on the aerial shot in the top link which is definitely not one of the ones with strips /checks on the rotors. May go for gull grey and hope for the best!

Pat 

Well you the research there is no right or wrong as they through anything on that comes back!

steve.

17 hours ago, Greg B said:

I’ve got a shed load of shots of them during my time in Brunei, if there is anything you are after give me a shout

Enough for a walkaround?