Airfix 1/72 F-86 Sabre - The repairs are almost done - It's a happy ending!

8 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Well Mrs T loves it down here, so I recommended you keep on the case! Incidently, I see you are in Crawley Down area. I lived in East Grinstead for quite a few years before moving further South and West. Liked it in West Sussex.

Ah ha, Terry! I am East Grinstead borne and bred. :). Where did you live?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ah ha, Terry! I am East Grinstead borne and bred. :). Where did you live?

First house was Waterside, just after we got married, then moved to Lower Mere a few years later, then away to Horsham and then finally back to College Lane. In College Lane ours was the (then) new house built in the side of the hill opposite the old Water Tower. I drew the plans for that one. Happy days!

Terry

• Like 1

One step further forward today after masking everything that needed masking off, ready for some new Alclad.........

20181206_17563420181206_175647

And then some Alclad Polished Aluminium followed by some Humbrol Acrylic clear gloss. It's starting to come back to life again.

20181210_17262320181210_17263520181210_172700

A bit more masking when thats all dry (tomorrow) and some final touch ups and replacing the decals that were caught up in the mess.

More soon

Terry

• Like 9

• Terry1954 changed the title to Airfix 1/72 F-86 Sabre - The repairs are almost done!

Thanks @Matt_ @rob Lyttle and @opus999. It's a slow job for me!

25 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Recovery looking good Terry. I have my NMF headache

Thanks Stuart. I think we all have NMF headaches! Just when I think I'm getting the hang of Alclad, things go off kilter. Still learning I guess. I plan to try some of the acrylic metal cotes like Valejo, and also the enamel based AK series, on some future builds. Need to get myself much more comfortable with NMF finishes.

Terry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to report that repairs on the Sabre are just about done and the final replacement decals are being applied at the moment. Photo's of the completed model, and the T21 Sedbergh will have to wait until after the Christmas break as I have temporarily turned the hobby room back into a makeshift bedroom with some airbeds on the floor. Our house is reaching capacity this Christmas with the returning brood, complete with their own broods!

All will be revealed in the new Year!

Happy Christmas everyone.

Terry

• Like 3

• Terry1954 changed the title to Airfix 1/72 F-86 Sabre - The repairs are almost done - It's a happy ending!

At long last I can report that this project is finally concluded, having "re-furbished" the model after the damage done during the weathering process last December.

The RFI for those that like a happy ending, can be found here:

Thanks for your support all along the way.

Terry