What WW1 airplane kits/bits followed you home today?

Ted

On 7/4/2020 at 2:11 AM, Ted said:

Just got this in the mail. The box contents look good.

20200703_205331

Doing mine at present I needed some lozenge decals(HGW)  and Eduard LMGs. Add some plasticard and you should get a reasonable Siemens, I hope you have some other decals to make it a bit different. I am going for a Jasta 12 scheme which is blue and white. Happy modelling Ted.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KITCAT said:

Doing mine at present I needed some lozenge decals(HGW)  and Eduard LMGs. Add some plasticard and you should get a reasonable Siemens, I hope you have some other decals to make it a bit different. I am going for a Jasta 12 scheme which is blue and white. Happy modelling Ted.

Thanks Kitkat, there are a lot of options for marking these. Makes it a tough decision. I'd like to try reproducing the dark plywood but I saw a Jasta 19 scheme painted white that looks cool. Are you posting a WIP thread on the forum for yours?

I am just involved in some fun work with the Memorial Flight and contacts in Germany about the blue and white striped Albatros DVa I recently made and new information that has come to light about it. The remains of this aeroplane are held by the Memorial Flight and it seems I am going to have to make some changes to my model......

There will be more information after the article is written (I am being a tease) and when I do the changes on my model.

spacer.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

Hello it looks good Melvyn, was this meant to be in completed work?  
Andrew.  

Well, apart from the bits I hadn’t finished like trimming the rigging (all has to come out to paint the wings) and I think I forgot to paint the exhaust it was not *exactly* finished but it popped up in my Hunter thread for some reason. When I have included all the changes from the new research I’ll shove it in RFI. It was not supposed to be in this thread at all but the iPad ( no swearing Melv, no swearing....) and I have a relationship which is best described as a bit Eastenders’!

thanks for the comment, it is going to get better!

Edited by melvyn hiscock

2 hours ago, melvyn hiscock said:

I couldn’t find ‘delete the picture you put in the wrong place dummy!’ button.

None of us have ever done that before Melvyn.  😂

There is a separate thread on this now, and as the information on the aeroplane comes out, it will be written up for a German book, a UK magazine, either Aeroplane or Aviation Historian, and, of course, on here IN THE RIGHT THREAD (pauses to smack self around the head). It is a really interesting story that resulted in confirmation of identities of pilots and aircraft, photos of what is left of the real aeroplane and a couple more original photos that have been found. I am sorry I stuck it in here to begin with, but please follow it on it’s own thread. I am very proud to be a founder member of the Memorial Flight and this was what we were all about from the beginning. Restore and preserve the original stuff but also preserve the information around that. 

right, back to the Siemens that I find fascinating.

Wow, good luck with that, with my fingers being as ‘athletic’ (see ‘ham hock’) as they are, I’d just end up with those ickle bits glued to them.

Edited by melvyn hiscock
Han hock fingers

11 hours ago, Murdo said:

This arrived in very recently:

UFY3EpH.jpg

Time to get those magic glasses out!

• Like 1

Crikey that will be small. I have got the Fokker DVII done and ready to decal only to be let down by the kit lozenge decals.  
1/144 is too small for me.  
Good luck!  Andrew. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fortunate enough to live close to Andy's Hobby Headquarters in AZ.

Popped in at 10 am today and picked up an AEG late, DFW late and the Camel/LVG duellist.

Lots of kits in the store.  I noticed Felixtowes, DFWs(both) AEG (both) Ninaks, Salmsons, Camels with a similar amount and selection available from Friday am on the website.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

WNW coming Friday; Sales begin 10am; Limited to 2 per SKU”

No idea what an SKU is, but if it is customer, that’s a nice initiative to avoid hoarding and let more people share the good stuff.

Where is this? I've just had a look on the WnW website and it's still the same message as before. 

SKU just means Stock Keeping Unit and is a method of identifying individual products in a stock list, so basically whoever has announced this sale is only allowing 2 units of a product per sale.

Duncan B 

• 3 weeks later...

From Hannants a set of 1/48 decals for a colourful Camel - white & red with a 'sunburst' on the top wing and tail planes

From Kingkit, an Eduard Roland C.II and a Glencoe Albatros D.III, both 1/48

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

From Hannants a set of 1/48 decals for a colourful Camel - white & red with a 'sunburst' on the top wing and tail planes

From Kingkit, an Eduard Roland C.II and a Glencoe Albatros D.III, both 1/48

If the Camel set is by Blue Rider. you should know that it was sized to the old Monogram rebox of the ancient Aurora kit so'll need a bit of adjustment. The Roland is a fine kit, but get hold of the Windsock Datafile before commiting to any particular scheme - Eduard messed up the versions in a couple of their boxings. Worst case scenario though is very minor surgery. The Glencoe Albatros is no trouble, just rebuild every part................

Paul.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

If the Camel set is by Blue Rider. you should know that it was sized to the old Monogram rebox of the ancient Aurora kit so'll need a bit of adjustment. 

Well thats just dead on as these decals are for an old kit

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From Canada via eBay, a set of the gorgeous Max Holtzem Pfalz DIIIa decals from Aeromaster. I have been looking for these since I first saw the planes profile, so now Eduard can re-release the Weekend Edition with these exact decals for half the price of what I had to pay...

spacer.png

• Like 1

I was just casually browsing through the Hannants website when suddenly my cart was filled with some 1/48 WWI aeroplane kits:

Eduard Fokker D.VIII Profipack

Eduard Fokker DR.I Profipack

Special Hobby Lloyd C.V Series 82

Fly Roland D.VIa (Otto Kissenberth)

Plus some Lozenge decals and Spandau barrels, and seven other non WWI kits...

I must smell of something like catnip for kits... is there a thing called "Kitnip" perhaps? :wonder:

• Like 1

Oh dear spending again.

Bought one of the last WnW's Halberstadts because I like these and it was standing lonely on the shelf. Now stocked up on these. Also a little Sopwith triplane and the Micro-Mir Fokker EV. The only thing on the want list now is another WnW's Albatros Dva( I mean you cannot have too many, can you).

Not paying Ebay rip of prices- never.:angrysoapbox.sml:

• Like 1