What WW1 airplane kits/bits followed you home today?

Ted

On 1/13/2022 at 1:48 AM, RC Boater Bill said:

Brought a pair of the 1/72 Airfix Be2c kits home last weekend- the one with the checkerboard decals. I figure I’ll do both of the kit schemes (“ normal” and checkerboard) and it may be handy to have an extra set of checkerboard decals on hand! 

Wise move.  I'd also recommend you get some white disc transfers to go under the roundels to stop the chequers showing through.  I think I used some from Fantasy Printshop and needed to apply 2 sets.  No need to bust a gut making the chequers match up perfectly around the corners of the fuselage: they didn't in real life (I found a photo).  Fabulous scheme though: real eye-catcher.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seahawk said:

Wise move.  I'd also recommend you get some white disc transfers to go under the roundels to stop the chequers showing through.  I think I used some from Fantasy Printshop and needed to apply 2 sets.  No need to bust a gut making the chequers match up perfectly around the corners of the fuselage: they didn't in real life (I found a photo).  Fabulous scheme though: real eye-catcher.

I’d love to see that photo!  Can you pls share it?

Got a package from Latvia today. Just a beautiful kit and great value. And one of their resin pilot figures. I also bought their Canadian armoured car and a resin figure of a crewman for the car. 

20220122_095030

20220122_095128

• Like 2

Not so much followed me home but finally acquired (at a good price - £15 + postage) a Pegasus 1/72 AW FK8. I now have a 1/72 kit of every a/c type (if not every Mark) operated by 17 Sqn RAF. Now all I have to do is build them.

• Like 3

Late last week after visiting my LMS in West Yorkshire I discovered a Quinta Studios 1/32 detail set for an Albatros D1 and Ray's rag on a Fokker triplane in my bag. Don't understand how they got there!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/31/2022 at 9:13 AM, Marklo said:

resized_c891dbfa-aa63-499f-a9d4-17ed2be4

Well nothing specifically today but as you can see the stash ( this about 2/3s of it) is overflowing with WWI types, just have to get around to building them.

Hi Marklo, for some reason I can't see the picture of your stash.

• 4 weeks later...

Just snaffled a Copper State 1/32 early Nieuport XVII. It looks very nice in the box indeed. Only downside I can see so far are the generic colour call outs - can anyone give me guidance for the Light Green, Chocolate Brown and Light and Medium blues? TIA

Pete

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my last post as mad as a March hare the KITCAT strikes again bagging a WnW's tin donkey even though it took Ebay 3 minutes to figure who had won. Now my thinking is this, even if these moulds are ever sold on would the the result be better kits or like Meng models show signs of cost cutting. Also the scalpers would charge god knows what so I through caution to the wind and guessed it would reach over £200 and it did.

Gasp

KITCAT

• 2 months later...

A little tale of our times. Way back over two and a half months ago I ordered two REX Exhausts on an auction site. One arrived quickly despite the uncertain times in Ukraine.Days ran into weeks then into months and I wrote the other off, nothing to be done.

So my surprise yesterday when a little package dropped through my letter box containing an exhaust for my LVG CV1

Bless them.

• Like 2

Had a bit of a binge from Hattons pre-owned sale and got the following:

Eduard 1/48 Airco DH-2 Profipack

Eduard 1/48 Roland C.ll Profipack

Eduard 1/48 Albatros D.lll O.A.W.

Eduard 1/48 Fokker D.Vll(Fok)

Also, from Ebay at a good price Mirage Hobby Halberstadt CLll early version.

I wasn't going to make any more biplanes.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 593jones said:

I wasn't going to make any more biplanes.  

Same for the rest of us as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 8:51 AM, KITCAT said:

Same for the rest of us as well.

Of course not, you could always diversify into triplanes and Quads.

No kits followed me home but AK interactive are selling off stocks of PC10 for €1.15 a bottle so I bought a fresh supply of the early and  late and done more battleship grey as I’m running low. Having just finished my Sopwith TF1.

D75076A0-AA85-4951-9081-9EA16C45DD6C.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Sharpscale said:

Picked up a Halberstadt Cl.II (late) from WnW the other day only to realise I've already got one in the stash...

Thought the box art looked familiar.

Nice problem to have :)

I haven't posted here in a while simply because I had to take a firm grasp of my previously, rapidly expanding stash! 😊

However, I just couldn't resist these goodies from Aviattic.

Aviattic DR1

So I guess that's two 1/32 DR1s planned for the winter period... and neither will be red!

• Like 2