What WW1 airplane kits/bits followed you home today?

Ted

I've fallen down another rabbit hole, rebuilding the kits of my childhood with my adult skills.

To that end...

thumbnail_(95).jpeg?width=1920&height=10

thumbnail_(98).jpeg?width=1920&height=10

thumbnail_(100).jpeg?width=1920&height=1

The Rodan and WnW's I inherited from my dad after he passed several years ago and forgot I had them.

• Like 7

Not today but a week ago Thursday bought at the nice Norwich AIr Museum, Italeri 1/72nd double kit with Albatross D.III and SE.5A . Looks like they are/were the old ESCI kits and bear a resemblance to the very much older Revell ones !  Very basic but look easy enough to play with. Not planning to do very much to improve them though. But they will join my builds sometime.

• Like 1

Recently, I picked up five  copies of the recent Eduard 1/72 Albatros D.V Weekend Edition.   

That kit is a great deal!   For $12 USD, you get a WE edition with decals for four colorful schemes, three of which I’ve never seen offered in 1/72 ( kit or aftermarket decals)!!  Plus, one of them is with lozenge wings, so you get a full set.

I have already started prepping four of them to build.  My plan is to build between 8 and 10 of them, to make a colorful collection to go with the 10 Dr.1s I’ve already done…..

Edited by RC Boater Bill
  • Like 2

Today; An ebay 'win' of a rare-ish Blue Rider 1/72 Oeffag Albatros D.III (253 series) vac-formed conversion. Its missing its white metal parts but I got it cheap enough and I've plenty of spare parts.

Last week I succumbed to temptation and bought the Miniart figure of Manny Richthofen

• Like 1

OOPs I done it again!

I had spare spending available on Amazon so one of the things I bought was the Miniart figure kit of Ernst Udet.

That only leaves the Miniart figure of Herman Goring to get. Maybe next time

• 1 month later...

Picked up the Hi-Tech 1/48 Roland D.II

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hi-tech-ht006-lfg-roland-dii-haifish--224326

It is actually an interesting kit and the only game in town for this specific plane in this scale.  I can not understand why some of their kits were never re-released.   

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just bought some REXx exhausts for some of my wonderful WnWs kits namely Fokker 7, Albaross and Rumpler. Surprised I found these but I couldn't resist. Hey Ho.:fool:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, europapete said:

Nice choice Kitkat. They fit well and don't need paint. Be carefull handling them, the sides are very thin and squish easily. Regards, Pete in RI

Thanks for the advice Pete

Oh dear, this is already getting out of hand......

Christmas came early today with the following items arriving:

1/72 MAC Distribution Phonix D.I

1/72 MAC Distribution Phonix D.II

1/72 MAC Distribution Phonix D.II KuK Kreigsmarine

1/72 Blue Rider Decals Phonix D.I-D.II

Windsock Datafile No.31

1/72 Arma Hobby Fokker E.V x 2

1/72 Eduard SPAD S.XIII Legie Limited Edition

1/72 Airfix Hannover CL.IIIa (lots of work there!!!)

I've also ordered PART etched sets for the Fokker E.Vs above and for the two 1/72 Pegasus Siemens-Schuckert D.IIIs that are also coming my way. Nurse!

Cheers,

Mark

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, TempestV said:

I've just 'accidentally' bought the 1/72 Eduard Fokker DVII 'Fokker Fokker' dual combo - are there any hidden surprises for the unwary?

Yeah, you’ll get an urge to do something with the gazillion spare parts, including 14 propellers, 10 pairs of wheels, numerous radiators and extra engines and fuselages. But seriously, no, it’s simply a great kit - just check twice to be sure you’re using the right parts, as indicated there’s plenty options.

The one annoying thing is to fill the seams around the underside ”stitch” part without ruining the stitch pattern. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TempestV said:

I've just 'accidentally' bought the 1/72 Eduard Fokker DVII 'Fokker Fokker' dual combo - are there any hidden surprises for the unwary?

11 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

it’s simply a great kit - just check twice to be sure you’re using the right parts, as indicated there’s plenty options.

I was looking at this as well, so it's great to know that it's a typical Eduard.

Yeah, you’ll get an urge to do something with the gazillion spare parts, including 14 propellers, 10 pairs of wheels, numerous radiators and extra engines and fuselages.

:rofl2:

The one annoying thing is to fill the seams around the underside ”stitch” part without ruining the stitch pattern. 

I think that the actual stitching is available in decal form, possibly from Archers or HGW, but I stand to be corrected.

Cheers,

Mark

• 1 month later...

To add to my collection: two MAC Distribution DUX SPAD S.VIIs :)

I'm planning on doing at least one of those as an Italian Front aircraft, although an Imperial Russian machine is quite tempting, too!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

I just succumbed to a MAC Distribution SPAD VII and Phoenix D.II

Oh well, 150 something in the stash now so I know I'll live a long time!

I'm also going to order an A-W FK3 from Hobartville Hobbies!

Ian

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just had to, so now expecting an Eindecker E11/E111 for my Wingnut Wings collection, Dear me the prices on Ebay are rising so this may be my last sortie. Should have taken the plunge at SMW where I could have got 1 cheaper!

• Like 1

The last one I received - and currently working on - is Rodens Junkers DI.

And, I just got the confirmation that my Takom Q-Klasse Zeppelin is ready to be shipped - but does that qualify as an airplane?

• Like 1

Brought a pair of the 1/72 Airfix Be2c kits home last weekend- the one with the checkerboard decals. I figure I’ll do both of the kit schemes (“ normal” and checkerboard) and it may be handy to have an extra set of checkerboard decals on hand! 

• Like 3