What WW1 airplane kits/bits followed you home today?

Ted

In April Norway removed the tax exemption for small low-value packages, which with tax and handling fees increases cost of models with about 50%. So when others were hoarding toilet paper I took this last opportunity to hamster plastic kits at decent prices. The Great War part was, let’s see now:

3x Roden Sopwith camels

6x Roden Albatros, mostly different boxings (I like albatroses 🥴)

Special hobby Lloyd C.V

Eduard D.VII profipack + one MAG overtree

Kowossname Albatros C.III

Arma Hobby Fokker E.V

A Chorozy Salmson was in my shopping basket when the Polish post locked down :(

Plus AK interactive German paints set -  I’m tired of mixing those weird colours

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 2

Yep, just panic bought another Triplane, Clergey Camel, Snipe, Albatross and Pfalz. Being self employed with no income for the foreseeable future this reflects how highly I regard these kits.

• Like 1

I have celebrated the the very bad news about what may be happening to Wingnut wings by purchasing their biggest turkey in the shop. - GOTHA  UWD     rrp.£199.99  (32053)   

My thought was if I am going to buy one of these esoteric beauties then I may as well get the float version. I am not sure how many companies will be doing the likes of this.  There again I wonder how many WNW have left of these?  It is a spectacular model when constructed. 
Andrew.  

Edited by Bear Paw
Replace a word
  • Like 3

The nice people from Hannants just delivered the WNW Snipe, Tripe and Clereget Camel. Pfalz and Abatros en route. There goes all the money saved by not going out... 

I got a good deal on a 1/16 Model Airways Sopwith Camel, and it arrived here in the last few days. Not sure when it will ever get on the bench, as it is a major commitment, but it was too nice to pass up. With this one, the Hasegawa kit, and the Artist in a Latrine (Artesania Latina) one, there seems to be quite a bit of choice for those desiring a 1/16 Camel.

Edited by Asmodai

Just got another WnW Albatros' J18 and have ordered Wnw Tripe Hound and HB W12 from a well known northern model shop. I'd better get a move on!

• Like 1

Some of you lot must have been buying up WNW kits, at the big H for example the FE2 stock went  from almost 20 to 7 in only a couple of days. You are making me stressed.:D

Edited by Torbjorn

Goering Fokker DVII & DFW Mid-Production from Sprue Bros (they shipped it out 4 hrs later(!))

Taube was sold out 😒

Really hoping that someone buys / borrows the molds for the HP O/100 (or better yet O/400).  I need something to balance out the the AEG in the stash.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2020 at 10:49, Torbjorn said:

Some of you lot must have been buying up WNW kits, at the big H for example the FE2 stock went  from almost 20 to 7 in only a couple of days. You are making me stressed.:D

The speed with which Hannants stock of older issue WnW kits has sold out is remarkable. Other than the brown box kits, pilot figure boxings and a few of the recent kits, there is little left. 

4 hours ago, iang said:

The speed with which Hannants stock of older issue WnW kits has sold out is remarkable. Other than the brown box kits, pilot figure boxings and a few of the recent kits, there is little left. 

What is a Brown box kit?

8 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

What is a Brown box kit?

The Limited Edition Albatros D.V/Va and Pfalz D.III kits with their Decal sheets that they released earlier this year.

5135554E-CD46-4AF6-BC17-D9F5AFE751C4-L.j

Duncan B

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I ordered a WnW Halberstadt on Friday as Hannants still had it on special offer at £85

Such a gorgeous looking plane, and if that is my last WnW kit i will at least be happy. I have already built the Pfalz D.III, LVG CVI, Rumpler and Se5 so I feel lucky if I am honest!

• Like 3

I went to the local hobby shop last Saturday to see if they had any WNW kits left and to my surprise they still had a Gotha G.1 on the shelves. Almost the last WNW kit standing, everything else was mostly gone (and they used to have quite a mixed stash of them). A huge model, but boy, what a beauty. I just couldn't resist and spent some carefully saved $$ on that kit. Now standing proudly in my hobby room waiting to be build.

Edited by EpicPlastic
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, EpicPlastic said:

I went to the local hobby shop last Saturday to see if they had any WNW kits left and to my surprise they still had a Gotha G.1 on the shelves. Almost the last WNW kit standing, everything else was mostly gone (and they used to have quite a mixed stash of them). A huge model, but boy, what a beauty. I just couldn't resist and spent some carefully saved $$ on that kit. Now standing proudly in my hobby room waiting to be build.

I suspect the ugly but interesting Gothas will be the last WnW kits left on many shelves.  

Duncan B

Just now, Torbjorn said:

I’d love a Gotha, but they are just too big. 

I’ll put my guess on the Göring kit, that was an odd choice to make a figure of.

I thought the Göring Fokker was an odd choice by WnW too but it has proved to be more popular that the Barker Snipe that was released at the same time. I suspect that is more to do with it being a D.VIIF than because of the fat man that comes with it, I have grabbed one for myself for that very reason. Just got to find some nice aftermarket decals for it now.

Duncan B

• Like 1

I have had my eye on the  Salmson 2-A2 for a few years as it is the only example of that lovely french camouflage in the Wingnuts range. So with the news of the demise of Wingnuts I have just received this kit.  It is very good with an interesting Japanese version.  
Andrew. 

• Like 2

My Goering DVIIF was just because it was an F as I will make the Memorial Flight version, that is if Hannants come back about the broken parts 

ps anyone want a figure of the Fat Man?

Edited by melvyn hiscock
  • Like 2