F-86F-30 390th FBS

My latest effort is this example of the lovely Hasegawa F-86F. It is a easy build so all the glaring errors are of my making.

I used a spare set of markings from the Eduard 'Ultimate Sabre' boxing which were for the 390th FBS, at Alexandria AFB, in Louisiana, in1955. There is a nice photo of this machine out on Google images which checks out against these markings.

IMGP6884

IMGP6883

IMGP6882

I really enjoyed this build and it was completely trouble free, I used  just a smidgen of filler , probably due to my sausage fingers.

This will be my last posting for a while as I am about to tackle the Kittyhawk Voodoo, inspired by Camper1 and  Nikolay Polyakovi's current build. I might do a WIP but it might just end in the bin!

Thanks as always for looking

• Like 14

Love the job you did on this!  I have recently tried to up my game with NMF and am very curious on the brand and specific colors (and undercoats if applicable) you used to get the finish, which looks great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Love the job you did on this!  I have recently tried to up my game with NMF and am very curious on the brand and specific colors (and undercoats if applicable) you used to get the finish, which looks great.

I used a grey automotive primer, polished with sanding pads for a smooth surface then a mix of Humbrol Silver, Humbrol Aluminium and Tamiya AS11 Silver all from rattle cans and a lot of masking tape. Each successive paint was again polished.  I hope this is of some use.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

I used a grey automotive primer, polished with sanding pads for a smooth surface then a mix of Humbrol Silver, Humbrol Aluminium and Tamiya AS11 Silver all from rattle cans and a lot of masking tape. Each successive paint was again polished.  I hope this is of some use.

This is a great help, particularly the grey automotive primer.  Thanks!

• Like 1