Hurricane IIB Burma AP894 135 Sqn Jack Storey roundels?

Sydhuey

I am trying to Id wing roundels for the last Hurricane Jack Storey flew in Burma , a Mk IIB AP894 it has the interim fuselage roundel applied in Burma with the C1 with the red over painted over with std fin flash and "C" in medium Sea Grey fwd of the roundel on the right and ? on the left (assume fwd), the info I can't find are the wing roundels in the transition period, its hard to confirm what wing roundels are applied , Mohawks in the similar timeframe appear to have had the upper wing red painter white in the type B and the red dot over painted white in the lower type C. Was the Hurricane the same?     

Edited by Sydhuey

Just my two pence.

To me, the fuselage roundel looks like a standard 'C1' type roundel (narrow yellow, blue, narrow white, red) that has had the red centre overpainted with white.

I would assume the same happened for all roundels.

I have only ever seen the photo of the starboard side view of AP894 (with that odd style, perfectly round 'C'). Since 'WK' squadron codes had been dropped by that time, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the individual code was ahead of the roundel on both sides. That is, unless you positively have a photo of the opposite side or, possibly, a photo of another 135 Sqn. machine.

Claudio

Thanks Claudio the fuselage roundel does look like a std C1 with the red painted out.

I have photo's of 3 of Jack Storey's Hurricannes,

his second Hurricane ,  WK-C  (L/H side picture C-WK) (R/H side pic WK-C) Hurricane IIA Z5659, 3 + 2 prob kills

a later IIB Std markings with red (photo L/H side C fwd of Roundel) BN163 , no kills

and his last IIB interim SEA markings ( Photo R/H side C fwd of roundel) AP894, 4 kills .

Its this last Hurricane I am tracking down the wing roundels for.