Masterbox 1/72 Mark I Male

First completed model in almost 3 years.

Built out of the box with polyfilla, gravel and shotblasting powder groundwork.

Figure is AB figures (and yes he does have rank insignia!)

Paints were mainly Vallejo with a few Games Workshop.

Puddles were done with gloss varnish with a tiny dab of green ink.

Weathering was Games Workshop Typhus Corrosion and various MIG / Ammo weathering effects with the exhaust stains done with MIG soot black powder.

Quite pleased with how it turned out.

IMG_20180510_232142

IMG_20180510_232106

IMG_20180510_232223

IMG_20180510_232243

IMG_20180510_232258

IMG_20180510_232314

Thanks for looking

All the best

Ben

• Like 9

Brilliant Ben

The metalwork is a master class - something to aspire too.  I really need to consider scratches and rust more on my AFV's - I also need to work on my diorama skills - but had never considered good old polyfilla - good tip.

That was worth waiting for and I hope it is the first of many over the coming months :clap2:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Excellent work worth the wait,top class in this size scale.Cheers.

Many thanks - really pleased I managed to finish one as didn't know if I still could null

4 hours ago, BIG X said:

Brilliant Ben

The metalwork is a master class - something to aspire too.  I really need to consider scratches and rust more on my AFV's - I also need to work on my diorama skills - but had never considered good old polyfilla - good tip.

That was worth waiting for and I hope it is the first of many over the coming months :clap2:

Thanks Steve

I use a simple process for tracks - grey primer, steel spray (Halfords Peugeot cossack grey in this case but any metallic grey will do), thinned black ink was to shade, thinned sepia wash to add rust, mud effects (in this case Games Workshop Typhus corrosion which is a textured paint for weathering) then a light drybrush of steel on wear points.

I'll try and take a series of photos next time I paint some tracks to illustrate this.

As for the groundwork it's simple ready mix polyfilla watered down a touch, with a handful of model railway ballast gravel, some sand and several types of shotblasting powder mixed in to add texture. I usually mix in some mud brown paint to prevent white showing if it chips. This was applied with an old teaspoon, allowed to dry for a bit, then I put some clingfilm over it and pressed the tank down to add track marks.

It was painted earth brown, various washes applied (same as used on the tank) and a light drybrush of a lighter earth brown. Puddles were gloss varnish with green ink.

Hope this helps

All the best

Ben 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That really is impressive - especially in 1/72. Nice display too. Very well done. :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks

The base matches all my other 1/72 AFV's and I really enjoy painting tiny figures - sadly this one didn't have lots of insignia to get carried away with

All the best

Ben 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, badger said:

Many thanks - really pleased I managed to finish one as didn't know if I still could null

Thanks Steve

I use a simple process for tracks - grey primer, steel spray (Halfords Peugeot cossack grey in this case but any metallic grey will do), thinned black ink was to shade, thinned sepia wash to add rust, mud effects (in this case Games Workshop Typhus corrosion which is a textured paint for weathering) then a light drybrush of steel on wear points.

I'll try and take a series of photos next time I paint some tracks to illustrate this.

As for the groundwork it's simple ready mix polyfilla watered down a touch, with a handful of model railway ballast gravel, some sand and several types of shotblasting powder mixed in to add texture. I usually mix in some mud brown paint to prevent white showing if it chips. This was applied with an old teaspoon, allowed to dry for a bit, then I put some clingfilm over it and pressed the tank down to add track marks.

It was painted earth brown, various washes applied (same as used on the tank) and a light drybrush of a lighter earth brown. Puddles were gloss varnish with green ink.

Hope this helps

All the best

Ben 

Brilliant step by step description

• Thanks 1