***finished*** Yet another airfix schwalbe

PhantomBigStu

welcome aboard Stu with a super popular build.

Poor old Airfix may have to start up the production line for another batch of these at the rate we're going! We may have blown their production forecast for this model.

Good luck with the build Stu, look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

• Haha 1

heard others had issues with the wing fuselage join, I can join their ranks, had to do some butchering to get it to fit, now for some paint though can't do my usual routine of lighter bottom coat first, I forgot I used the last of my RLM76 on an FW190 last year. See if I can substitute or wait till my local model shop opens on tuesday edit: apparently a Vallejo I have is a RLM76 "match" so itll do

42212116091_ce656f0eb2_b.jpg42212116281_d0dbfbb407_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 4

Glad to hear that you're sorted out with your paint Stu.  I've been trying to find some Xtracrylix RLM 76, but without success!

Cliff

13 hours ago, CliffB said:

Glad to hear that you're sorted out with your paint Stu.  I've been trying to find some Xtracrylix RLM 76, but without success!

Cliff

Yes does seem to be sold out, which is why gone with Humbrol, anyway the 81 is in (also Humbrol) 

42348818281_da28d41240_b.jpg

• Like 4

I like the marking option you've chosen, that red/blue tailband really stands out.

It does fit better (without wrinkling) if you slice it in two halves before application.

This particular aircraft did not have the scissor link on the forward nose gear, as this photograph reveals:

http://www.jagdgeschwader5und7.de/jg-7-piloten-und-maschinen/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Cheers, btw did the Skyhawk canopy arrive safety?

Oh yeah, sorry, she sure did, very much appreciated, the squadron is back at full strength thanks to you! I shall be gentle with my 262 canopy

• Like 1