Cheap cleaning thinner for Mr Color paints

kitman

What would acetone do to an airbrush?

Airbrushes Im thinking of in particular are HP-C+, HP-CH, HP-CS, HP-SB+ or an HP-SBS

ie nothing with a rubber seal, only PTFE (Teflon) seals, and again spercifically with Citadel and Vallejo paints.

Edited by ElectroSoldier

On 11/6/2019 at 12:50 AM, ElectroSoldier said:

Guys can i use mr hobby levelling thinners to clean my airbrush after i use regular acrylics like games workshops ones?

The thought of using Mr Hobby Levelling Thinners for airbrush cleaning makes me wince.

Cellulose thinner will shift almost any type of paint - I regularly use it for cleaning out Tamiya, Mr Hobby, Revell Aqua and Halfords automotive paint. If you are concerned about how it will react to Games Workshop paint I suggest you buy a small quantity of cellulose and try it out on a cheap paintbrush which has been used for Games Workshop paint.

If you really don't want to use cellulose you can get aerosol airbrush cleaner from Badger, Spray Craft and Premi-Air (sold as "Liquid Reamer") among others. It's cheaper than Mr Hobby Levelling Thinners but still expensive. 

First off its not me who is looking to do it, I use Citadel airbrush cleaner to clean up after I use their paints, I use Vallejo cleaner and thinner when I use their paints.

I was asked if there is another "more powerful" cleaner than those cleaners sold by the respective companies.
I wasnt sure if you can use a leveling thinner like Mr Colour or a cellulose thinner with acrylic paints at all, which is why I asked.
My advice to him was to buy the thinner and cleaner to go with the paints hes using