My 8 works in progress. 7x1/48 1x1/32. Spit' Do 335. T-34. F9F..

Hello.

I hope you do not mind my posting. I joined only yesterday. I do not normally show these, and my friends don't care. 🤣

I have some models nearing completion. There have been issues such as wanting brass guns, the right colour green and a better set of decals... I do not work on one kit at a time because I get bored easily. So I keep several going to turn to each one as I get the urge.

All landing gear, canopies, exhausts etc are completed and awaiting the final paint job. I expect everything to finalize quickly. I like to complete a group at a time. (1 or 2 huge weekends of painting and weathering) 😎

I plan to complete all of these over the next 8 weeks. 

1/48

Tamiya

He-162. (Awaiting new decals from Hannants) I have to fill the seam under the jet exhaust. Easily done. (I let it slip by)

P-51 B. 

Do-335.

1/32 Spitfire Mk. XVI.

T-34.

Accurate Minatures Yak 1. (Awaiting green paint.)

Trumpeter.

1/48 F9F Panther.

Fine Molds.

1/48 A7M. (Put on hold while I waited for Fine molds brass guns. Arrived! 😀)

5iqpSi.jpg

OPZukk.jpg

3uPTso.jpg

u4f84A.jpg

VdRcwJ.jpg

On 5/9/2018 at 10:55 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats a pretty big collection. I usually have 2-3 going at any given time. 

Hah! I can barely keep track doing one at a time. 

• Like 1

I have a rule to always finish the one I'm working on before I start the next. I must admit I'm itching to start on my next one as my current Tempest build has taken me nearly two months so far but rules are rules. 😀 

• Like 1

On 11/05/2018 at 14:28, pipthepilot said:

Your Spitfire cockpit looks fantastic by the way. 

Thank you very much.

I am about to spend a day modelling. I just got a Samsung Galaxy 9 with the high quality camera. (Now how do I get it to work???) 

Working on the He 162 and F9F today.

Painting and weathering begun on both F9F and He-162. No shots yet of the 162.

The aircraft depicted here flew 445 missions, so the weathering will reflect that. I have one photo of the aircraft. It is unclear, so I am using some licence.

87bc443f60e85bcc6d423cc5a9f58b50.jpg

AeZJQx.jpg

kkC75E.jpg

zUT4v3.jpg

zTJJiV.jpg

C09jwi.jpg

PLsfkd.jpg

On 5/12/2018 at 6:32 PM, Ham Hands said:

I am about to spend a day modelling. I just got a Samsung Galaxy 9 with the high quality camera. (Now how do I get it to work???) 

I don't think you'll be disappointed; I have a Note 8, which I use for my work (I'm a social media manager for a large American not-for-profit), and the camera is exquisite. As is that F9F you're making.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Procopius said:

I don't think you'll be disappointed; I have a Note 8, which I use for my work (I'm a social media manager for a large American not-for-profit), and the camera is exquisite. As is that F9F you're making.

Thank you.

I have work to do to learn the camera. 

I hope to complete the panther after the weekend and the 162 soon after.

4 hours ago, Azgaron said:

Very nice paint job and the decals looks great! :)

HÃ¥kan

Thank you very much.

The decals are going on well with some difficulty with the nose art. I will touch it up later.

Interesting to see how the different light shows or doesn't show the various shades of blue on the airframe.

Currently trying to get the landing gear looking good. I have only just begun the gear and will see how it goes. 

Thanks for looking.

{The He-162 will be painted over the next few days. In a lovely royal blue scheme.

The Do 335 sits quietly will I try to find the resin wheels I have somewhere.}

MnJLOR.jpg

6UfuXd.jpg

vq6exF.jpg

mTK8ar.jpg

Hello and welcome to Britmodeller.

You seem to have a collection nice, cleanly build models on the go. The F9F is coming along very nicely.

I think we're all guilty of serial building to some degree, so it's not that uncommon. I have days when I only feel like building and others where I only want to paint.

As for your friends not caring, well I think we've all got friends that can't seem to get their heads around our hobby, but that's just life.

Anyway, that's a great start and I can't wait to see them all finished.

• Like 1

Thank you very much.

I have had less time than first envisioned. I am glad because it allowed time to recognize I had been modelling on auto pilot, having bathed the wheel bay and undercarriage in white. This was incorrect and was replaced by the sea blue seen on the airframe.

Thanks for looking.

hhU6Z4.jpg

JvzvcU.jpg

IT62wI.jpg

0Ne4fp.jpg

R5XaOL.jpg

Edited by Ham Hands
  • Like 1