Revell Fw190R-11 OTB. You only live twice.

So guys and girls,

Here she is. After almost seeing the darkness of the round archive (aka dustbin), she made it. The whole adventure can be followed in this WIP 

So I learned some stuff here. First how to prime with a spray can, secondly I will cut the decals following recesses next time and gloss coat them. Third I use an accryllic gloss and it is possible gluing parts after that coat with standard glue.I feel my painting skills have improved a bit and I like the highlighted effects like on the machinegun cover. 

The Revell kit is nice with good detail and looks good to me. I leave the accurency issues to those interested. It just has the gap at the wingroots as fault. The rest what is wrong is what I have done. The model only comes in a closed canopy variant and I took a spare from an Airfix kit. When I see what detail of the cockpit still is visible I will not do that again in this scale. Also I havent attached the extra machine guns. Though I needed to drill quite some holes, the holes for those guns arent specified. Carefull reading of the instructions could have saved me but when I noticed it was too late. Also I didnt attach the antenna wire because I couldnt find an attacment point on the copula. Experimenting on the spare copula made conclude that I will mess up the copula so I didnt try. It seems I have trouble with installing the legs of the plane also this time it was troublesome at least, dont look into the wheel wells!

For the rest enjoy and feel free to comment.

mNrl3rr.jpg

L7W1R2U.jpg

QvWXQTd.jpg

hNIJJQM.jpg

0CEA3w0.jpg

nlUK3zp.jpg

Greetings TC

Sorry for double posting the link cant remove it :(

• Like 23

24 minutes ago, bbudde said:

Very nice recovery after the first desaster. Good job .Looks fine now.

Thanks. The advantage of this scale, mistakes dont take as much time to recover. Though next time I will build a 1/48 again. Thx for liking it.

That's a really eye-grabbing result on a difficult kit. Great tone and color variation. I think you're well-entitled to be quite pleased with it.

A friendly suggestion, if you care to, for the aerial wire: a short length of stretched sprue, and a few micro-drops of white glue applied with a toothpick or brush, and you can put the aerial on with almost no bother. No drilling of holes...and it's surprisingly strong. And if it happens to pop loose, you can often just moisten the surface, and re-attach.

Cheers

Edited by thorfinn

What a suitably beastly beast!

I reckon Revell used the same night fighter antennae on the FW as they did on my Do 335!

Great version congrats!

• Haha 1

That looks just fine to me. One small detail: Luftwaffe propeller blades should be painted RLM 70 Black-green.

Otherwise, a great job.

Chris

6 hours ago, thorfinn said:

That's a really eye-grabbing result on a difficult kit. Great tone and color variation. I think you're well-entitled to be quite pleased with it.

A friendly suggestion, if you care to, for the aerial wire

Cheers

Thanks so much! I hope on the next model the improvents will balance more :).

About the arial, well honestly, I had thought about that option, also drilling a hole with my microdrill. Guess I figured all parts are so fiddly and breakable I also didnt want to risk ruin everything. But thx for the suggestion it is much appreciated!

gr TC

5 hours ago, Winenut said:

What a suitably beastly beast!

I reckon Revell used the same night fighter antennae on the FW as they did on my Do 335!

Great version congrats!

Thx. What I like about nightfighters is the shady beasty appereance, you can just imagine them prawling the night sky searching for their kill. So I am happy you see that beast in my model :).

gr TC

5 hours ago, dogsbody said:

That looks just fine to me. One small detail: Luftwaffe propeller blades should be painted RLM 70 Black-green.

Otherwise, a great job.

Chris

Chris, thx and I will check my colour reference better next time!

Gr Tc

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Splendid job.  Battle worn look just right.

Thx! I wanted to create a decent weathered plane without going all bungus (and often seemingly out of place weatchering like all scratched up).

Nice you like it.

Gr TC

11 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Nice job, I never managed to fully finish mine. 

How did you keep intact the cooling fan?

Why not? I would still try it is a nice looking plane in the end.

It has alot of fiddly small parts and I kept most of those parts (including the van) on the sprue, carefully cleaned them with a knife, painted and weathered them. Then I installed those at the end of the build. The van and propeller assembly was the third last thing I glued :).

greetings TC

• 2 months later...
On 09/05/2018 at 17:50, dogsbody said:

Otherwise, a great job.

Chris

Thx Chris, I will keep that in mind. I also feel the nose cone is to shiny? Maybe a repaint would suit her better?

Greetings TC