Revell 1/72 FW190 SG/4 Luftwaffe Italy

1 hour ago, FalkeEins said:

Indeed. Check out 'Scale Aircraft Modelling'  'Aircraft in Detail' features devoted to the A-series fighter variants (Vol 24 no. 9 November 2002), the Sturmgruppen bomber destroyers (Vol 23 no. 1 March 2001) and the Dora-9/Ta 152 series (Vol 27 No 12 February 2006). 

Can’t seem to find an online version to view these but the magazines seem available

Thanks! 

Just a bit of detailing to report. This was a new technique of brushing watered down lifecolor black over the model rather than finite tiny brush work filling the lines neatly. Think it looks good but don’t think it work work if you were doing a pristine a/c 

29042770067_cea351fd10_b.jpg

Ok, panel line and weathering complete....I don’t know what to do now? 

43944314102_0d3aa315ea_b.jpg

Maybe a sandbraun colour would have been better for my underside lines? Hey I’m still learning

43944314162_14cde2dd57_b.jpg

Using my third hand for the first time. The undercarriage of FW190s sit at a forward, inverted splay and is tricky to get right on these Revell kits. I find the Airfix version is easier to pose correctly as the engineering makes them almost snap fit in the correct position. This kit however the modeller needs to do the work so here is hoping this contraption assists as I will need 3 hands for this..

43993340501_b149121184_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 1

Pic heavy today but these holders work a treat. You have to get the 2 struts into the absolute correct position and I think it would be near impossible to do holding the model in one hand and trying to position with the other.

42184570550_34eac1804f_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice progress Valkyrie, I like the third hand where did you pick it up from?

Got it at Dundee at the Scottish nats £6 magnifying glass too attaches to it. Can’t remember the firm that make it, il see if I can find the vendors card standby 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got a big day on here MTO II finishing my 190 alongside a 109 over the Blitzbuild GB. Gear doors on. I have a tiny BMW badge for my 801 engine mount to go on, that’s next. Make up prop and spinner, add the bomb, tail wheel pilots step and a few other bits a varnish and shel be ready to fly..

44226947602_39ed31e753_b.jpg

• Like 1