F4u-1 corsair flaps

fatalbert

Hi guys,does anyone know if any of the available 1/72 corsair kits has a deployed flap option,or is it an aftermarket only option.Cheers........Neil

• Like 1

I checked out all 3 Tamiya versions only the newer release has anything close to it. The have the starboard inboard flap as seperate but nothing else. The Hobyboss & Academy seem to be complete solid wing. My guess is A/M is your best bet ? Id recommend the Aires set unless you have something else in mind. 

Dennis

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I checked out all 3 Tamiya versions only the newer release has anything close to it. The have the starboard inboard flap as seperate but nothing else. The Hobyboss & Academy seem to be complete solid wing. My guess is A/M is your best bet ? Id recommend the Aires set unless you have something else in mind. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,have ordered an aires set,cheap as chips off a well known auction site.

Neil

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Seawinder said:

You probably already know this, but F4U-1 flaps were generally up when the plane was parked.

Yeah ,I know,but I just like the look of the corsair with everything hanging out,thanks for the heads up though