MENG will announce FOUR new products in the Shizuoka Hobby Show on 10/05/2018 .

gavingav1

4 minutes ago, Mike Esposito said:

1/72 F-4C/D so we don't have to wait for a re-issue by Hasegawa.

it surprises me that Academy didn't release the 1/72nd f-4j with parts to do a c/d, they must not want the cash .

• Like 1

Is that it? One ugly armour model in an unknown scale and three ‘toon’ models that must obviously sell well in that kooky Japanese home market. So much for anything half decent. I’d be embarrassed to unveil this as a Meng sales representative and then be forced to put on a fake smile throughout the course of the show. Thank god we’ve still got Airfix. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 9

9K37M1 sounds great if it's in 1/35 as expected (interestingly enough, the main page announcement doesn't mention the scale, either).

These other three announcements are disappointing, but I guess this is why "products" wording was used instead of "model kits".

Edited by Dudikoff

4 hours ago, Truro Model Builder said:

Well, that was... underwhelming.

Such polite folk down in Cornwall!

Maybe they are lulling us into a false sense of disappointment and then they release the (insert scale of choice)(insert subject of choice)on a limited run basis and we all rush out and buy it.

See me..ever the optimist!

Underwhelming is right.  I think Meng is a Chinese company, not Japanese but the "egg" models must sell well there too.  Interestingly I have noticed there egg B-17 in Hobby Lobby (a huge retailer) here in the US so I imagine they sell well here also.  Just not of any interest to me.  The Buc however does look interesting.

Three squished models and one big ugly rocket-tank... I can live with that, although I'd have hoped for another F-35 variant if we were being realistic. :shrug:

2 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

Underwhelming - I guess that's why it's pronounced MEH-ng.........

:owww:  A truly dreadful pun Paul, thanks ;)

47 minutes ago, Harold55 said:

Underwhelming is right.  I think Meng is a Chinese company, not Japanese but the "egg" models must sell well there too.  Interestingly I have noticed there egg B-17 in Hobby Lobby (a huge retailer) here in the US so I imagine they sell well here also.  Just not of any interest to me.  The Buc however does look interesting.

They have those B-17s here too. They don't seem to sell like the tanks do. I'll ask the girls next time I'm in HL.

I hoped for some 50's or 60's jets in 1/72. Especially something RAF or USAF. 

I can live with the "Toon" models. I also have their Lancaster, B-17 and He-177. A bit of harmless fun. Frankly, I would rather have these slightly silly models than yet another boring grey jet like that horrible F-35 thingy!null.

Allan

Buk you said Buk.

Meng announced one this morning, Panda Models this afternoon.

Now waiting for a Trumpeter similar announcement...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1804238266295118&id=736521713066784

coming in August Panda PH35033 SAM-11

Buk.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

6 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

.... I would rather have these slightly silly models than yet another boring grey jet like that horrible F-35 thingy!null.

Allan

Having just seen an F-35B in action last weekend I can assure you that the only thing even remotely boring about that jet is the grey. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aircooled said:

Having just seen an F-35B in action last weekend I can assure you that the only thing even remotely boring about that jet is the grey. 

Ok. It's a noisy and hideously ugly boring grey jet then!😉

Allan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/05/2018 at 17:25, HMSLion said:

An accurate 1/48 Spit XIV would be welcome.  A T-62 would not surprise me, given Meng's preference for modern armor.  

It is a safe bet that Airfix will release a Mk XIV latest 2019. I hope they will do both - low and high back.

There is nothing politically correct about having the good taste not to make crass statements about a tragedy, especially when people on this board may have known people on board that flight.

Idiots (severly self censored there)

Edited by Mike
Quotes removed after posts were removed.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

There is nothing politically correct about having the good taste not to make crass statements about a tragedy, especially when people on this board may have known people on board that flight.

Idiots (severly self censored there)

Well said Dave, although the lest bit could have been left at home.  Inappropriate jokes have their place, and that's not on a forum that's available all over the world, with a significant contingent from the Low Countries.  :fraidnot: