Hello! Nice to meet you all.

McdonaI

Hi Everyone.

My name is Ian and i am a new modeller. Well I did one as a kid which is kind of why I've picked up this hobby. My first model was an Airfix BAE GR9 but I lost a piece and abandoned it half way through painting and I am going to leave it to practice painting and weathering. 

For my current model I've gone and bought myself a 1:48 Tamiya Spitfire Mk. Vb to build and I am well impressed by the cockpit details. So I am very excited to but the hard lessons learnt "building" the Harrier and taking my time an making a good job of the Spitfire.

Hopefully I can share my progress with you and learn more along the way.

Thanks guys and girls. See you soon.

• Like 2

Hello Ian ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from the USA. Looking forward to seeing your Spitfire soon. You have picked a great place to learn. There are some great people here that really know there stuff. Just ask and they're likely to happily share info, techniques, or just about anything else. 

Dennis

Hi there.

It was 1:72 scale and the part was 10B, the mid landing gear door i think. It was tiny. I now have a little butter tub to put all my parts in.  I also had problems lining up the cockpit to the main fuselage and had massive gaps between the there and the wings. Also in my enthusiasm to get on i glued on all the hard points to the wings and fuselage before painting which made painting the bottom a nightmare. As you can tell, i'm a total noob.  🤦‍♂️ 

The spitfire is coming along. Got the internals painted and most of the cock pit. Just need some red paint to mix for the seat and that'll be it ready for the next stage.

Hello, Ian, glad to make your acquaintance. I am Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. This is a great place to be. You will find this is a goldmine of knowledge and help. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

I'm almost as new to the game as you so I'm not much good for helpful hints but I will try to make you laugh from time to time.  I would suggest, however, getting a few cheapos before hitting the hard stuff.  The dirt cheap (ie, a fiver or less) 1/72 Spits, 109s and the like don't fit as well as they might so you get a bit of experience with fillers and general fiddling about to make stuff fit.  After that, a quality kit is smooth sailing and if you've had to bin a P51 and a Hurri, you've only binned the cost of a pint and a gin-and-tonic.

Hey,

Thanks for all your kind introductions and tips. Sorry for the late reply we're having internet issues at home so i can only get on at work.

I'm sure i shall see you all in the forums at some point. 

😊