Better Late Than Never Intro?

Amo Aero

Howdy all. I've been a registered member of this site for quite a while now, but have been in lurk mode for the past some odd years now due to an involuntary exile from modeling. I'm now getting back into the hobby and am looking forward to start participating more. My interests are military and civilian aircraft from WWI, between the wars, and the Cold War era.

During my time away from the hobby, I was still able to vicariously enjoy modeling because of you, the wonderful community that makes up Britmodeller. Thank you!

Karl

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

Joisey?  What exit?

Hehehe! OK, that marks you either as an NJ native or someone who's done time here.

I'm nowhere near the Turnpike. I'm about 10 minutes away from Pennsylvania.

6 minutes ago, Amo Aero said:

someone who's done time here

I lived in the US from 1975 till 2009.  For a while I was on a travelling R&B band out of RI shclepping up and down from DC to Maine.  I used to know every rest stop on the pike.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Pete said:

...I used to know every rest stop on the pike.

Lucky you! Did you ever play the Satellite Lounge in Wrightstown NJ?

5 minutes ago, Amo Aero said:

Satellite Lounge

Wrightstown doesn't ring any bells.  Played a lot of juke joints but it was 35 years ago and I was drunk.  Played Camden and a couple of places along the shore in Joisey that I remember.  Even did Asbury Park... Not the Pony, though, we were a sideshow at a custom car exhibition.