A Re-introduction from Down Under

mahross

Ok, so I have actually been a member since 2008; however, for a number of the usual reasons, including a move to Australia, I haven't done much modelling for a few years. However, I have decided that 2018 is going to be the year of modelling, so I have come back to Britmodeller, which I always felt was one of the best forums around.

Ross

• Like 2

Welcome back Ross. 

I keep saying that year 20XX will be my year of modelling but seem to fall short of the ‘projected build list’ plan every time. When the wife asks “So what’s your New Years resolution this year?” she is constantly greeted with “Why more modelling - my dear!!”. Eyes starting rolling of course. 

Its a hobby after all, so as long as you’re having fun that’s all that counts.

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

Thanks, Dave. Yes, my other half is much the same, but since we moved over to Aus (she has actually come home), she has been supportive of me getting back started. My aim for this year is just to finish one model so at the moment I am focusing on the MENG Whippet tank. We shall see how it progresses!

Ross

I see your also from the same lovely sunbleached part of this land we call Oz! In case you are not aware, our yearly Plastic Modellers swap meet in on next Sunday 20th May. It’s called PX2018 and is run by the local QLD IPMS branch. It’s always a fun day whether flogging your unwanted stuff as a trader or simply just going as a haggling buyer. There’s always a good bargain to be had, and a few laughs as well. 

Cheers. Dave. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Ross ... :welcome: back from the USA. 

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis!

18 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I see your also from the same lovely sunbleached part of this land we call Oz! In case you are not aware, our yearly Plastic Modellers swap meet in on next Sunday 20th May. It’s called PX2018 and is run by the local QLD IPMS branch. It’s always a fun day whether flogging your unwanted stuff as a trader or simply just going as a haggling buyer. There’s always a good bargain to be had, and a few laughs as well. 

Cheers. Dave. 

Dave,

Yes, living in Redcliffe at the moment. Lovely part of the world. Thanks for the heads up about the swap meet but alas I will be flying down to Canberra for work on that day, which is a real shame.

Ross

• Sad 1

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers. Dave. 

Road Trip happening. Say hullo on Sunday.

Wonder if Ron from Ronnell's will be attending the event ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Road Trip happening. Say hullo on Sunday.

Wonder if Ron from Ronnell's will be attending the event ?

Mick, How will I know which one is you? If I said I was middle aged, slightly receeding and probably carrying a few kilos too many that only narrows it down to 90% of the expected attendees!! We should meet at either Paul’s (Last Stand gaming) or Modelnerds at some precise moment, unless you’re trading your cast offs and have a table for yourself. 

Cheers.. Dave

37 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Mick, How will I know which one is you? If I said I was middle aged, slightly receeding and probably carrying a few kilos too many that only narrows it down to 90% of the expected attendees!! We should meet at either Paul’s (Last Stand gaming) or Modelnerds at some precise moment, unless you’re trading your cast offs and have a table for yourself. 

Cheers.. Dave

I'll be wearing our club shirt. Darling Downs Scale Modellers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, and :welcome:back to Britmodeller, Ross, you already know the quality of the site and the people here. I am Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. My interests are aircraft in "The One True Scale(1/72nd)", any era. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe