Revell/ ICM TU-144.Re-photographed.

Hi Folk's,built about three years ago the photo's were lost in the PB ransom episode,long forgotten @Adam Poultney came across it minus

the photo's so after a good wash 'n dry heres a few of her.

20191208_104343

20191208_104326

20191208_104239

20191208_104230

20191208_104218

20191208_104202

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 42

2 hours ago, Turbofan said:

The Praying Mantis of the airliner world! I love it!

Must dig mine out and build it one of these days. Is it an easy build Steve?

Cheers,

Ian

It was Ian and I'm not very patient with anything but shake and bake kit's !

1 hour ago, Winenut said:

Great build Steve.

Looks amazing

I love the fact you actually still hang some builds from the ceiling!

Cheers

Just this and the CargoLux 747 Bruce,oh and the wheel's up trio I did for the Matchbox GB.

Many thank's folk's,I still have Revell's Concorde in the stash which was meant to be built alongside her at the time I still think the 144 was a beautiful

aircraft but wonder who in the then USSR would have flown on her apart from the party elite still a shame nothing came of the design after the Paris

tragedy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Many thank's folk's,I still have Revell's Concorde in the stash which was meant to be built alongside her at the time I still think the 144 was a beautiful

aircraft but wonder who in the then USSR would have flown on her apart from the party elite still a shame nothing came of the design after the Paris

tragedy.

The Paris crash didn't bring about an immediate end to the programme. Other test versions continued to be flown and it eventually entered limited service with Aeroflot in 1977. However, Aeroflot didn't really want it and it proved pretty much unworkable as a practical supersonic airliner. There was another accident in Aeroflot service and the few in use were all retired by 1980.

The Tu144 wasn't completely finished because in the 1990s, NASA hired a refurbished and re-engined example and used it for supersonic transport experiments and tests.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Pics are AWOL

Yea Adam,victim of the Photobucket "ransom" episode,I'm busy reorganising the shelves at the moment I'll dig her out and post some photo's

over the weekend.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Yea Adam,victim of the Photobucket "ransom" episode,I'm busy reorganising the shelves at the moment I'll dig her out and post some photo's

over the weekend.

Look forward to seeing her