Scooters and Onions - Memphis NAS, May 1982 (Onions added)

Martin, which scanner are you using?  The quality looks great. The pictures aren't bad either!

It's not only the military that get the hump when you try to take photos. I was just leaving work at Boeing when the prototype 737 was taking off so I grabbed my camera from the car and tried to take a picture whilst looking through an access gate to the airfield. The guard on duty went balllistic as I was 'on company property' - the parking lot between a main road and a civil airfield.

John

Hi John,

Yes, corporate organisations can be more heavy than the military, especially when around factories and bizjet areas. 

It is a Nikon Coolscan VED. I’ve had it since 2001. I agree, it is a great quality machine. The only issue I had was when I upgraded PCs and was that the software needed a patch, which I got online. 

I meant to also say that I scan as TIF files, manipulate and then save as JPEG. I use Photoshop for editing.

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Thanks Smudge. Yes, I know what you mean. My mates and I were chased along the fence by a RAF Land Rover at Scampton at one time as we were watching Vulcans landing and departing. Even more vehement was the approach taken by a group of French  military plods...........

I'm glad it wasn't just us then :D occupational hazard I guess.

You managed to avoid capture and go on to post these great photos :)

On 5/17/2018 at 3:31 PM, RidgeRunner said:

It is a Nikon Coolscan VED. I’ve had it since 2001. I agree, it is a great quality machine. The only issue I had was when I upgraded PCs and was that the software needed a patch, which I got online. 

I meant to also say that I scan as TIF files, manipulate and then save as JPEG. I use Photoshop for editing.

Martin

Rats! or something stronger! I used to have a Coolscan II but when I changed PCs the resolution went to 'coarse' and I couldn't get it back and it was junked. Maybe I should have perservered.

Was your's the version that required an SCSI ?

On 5/10/2018 at 9:47 AM, RidgeRunner said:

@Red Dot

Thanks for your comments, Andy. I'm happy to continue scanning on the assumption that those on the forum like them. Let's see how things go.

Martin

& thats a big yes please from me too, the only frustrating thing is that no way can I ever hope to model more than a very few of these superb schemes you've been trotting out, still love looking at them though, really like those "onions" :D

Steve.

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

& thats a big yes please from me too, the only frustrating thing is that no way can I ever hope to model more than a very few of these superb schemes you've been trotting out, still love looking at them though, really like those "onions" :D

Steve.

I will for sure. I’m away for work in Madrid for a couple of days and then Mrs RidgeRunner is joining me on Wednesday in Palma for a few days break. More scanning next week.. 

Martin

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

An SCSI?

SCSI (pronounced SKUH-zee and sometimes colloquially known as "scuzzy"), the Small Computer System Interface, is a set of American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard electronic interfaces that allow personal computers (PCs) to communicate with peripheral hardware such as disk drives, tape drives, CD-ROM

Before your time....the things you youngsters have missed.

48 minutes ago, John R said:

SCSI (pronounced SKUH-zee and sometimes colloquially known as "scuzzy"), the Small Computer System Interface, is a set of American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard electronic interfaces that allow personal computers (PCs) to communicate with peripheral hardware such as disk drives, tape drives, CD-ROM

Before your time....the things you youngsters have missed.

Thanks John. I’m hardly a youngster ;)

On 5/17/2018 at 2:33 PM, Tailspin Turtle said:

F-4A 145315 wound up on display at the USS Lexington museum in Corpus Christi.

I see 145310, another F-4A, is up for sale!

Edited by RidgeRunner