1/72 lockheed p38 droop nose RAF decals

TOPGUN88

Does anyone know if there are any 1/72-decals for the single silver p-38 droop snoot mk1. I know kits at war do a 1/48 but cant find a decal sheet for 1/72. 

I don't think so. I assume that you don't mean the Lightning I that comes on the same sheet, but rather the borrowed P-38J, 44-23517

According to this book all it carried apart from roundels and fin flashes were the small capital letters DPA, in what looks like black from the available photo, about the usual eight inch serial height, on the rear booms. Pretty much any eight inch black WW2 serial sheet, or scrap decals from remnants of used sheets, would do for that.

Edited by Work In Progress

I have seen a letter in an old Air Pictorial that mentioned a P-38 (it must be this one) in PRU blue overall with "high altitude" roundels, which I assume means type B above wings and on the booms. Oh for a photo. 

2 hours ago, Ossington said:

I have seen a letter in an old Air Pictorial that mentioned a P-38 (it must be this one) in PRU blue overall with "high altitude" roundels, which I assume means type B above wings and on the booms. Oh for a photo. 

Hi

one here in nmf, but text mentions the pru blue scheme 

http://www.americanairmuseum.com/aircraft/20124

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

Es gibt ein Bild in Combat Codes von Flintham & Thomas auf Seite 10.

Sie schreiben auch, es ist PRU blau insgesamt, aber auf dem Bild sieht es silver und nur teilweise PRU.

modelldoc

Edited by modelldoc