Well I'm in with this one, it's actually just a Revell rebox on a ICM kit which I didn't realise at the time I bought it.  Really not a fan of their flimsy plastic but we'll see how I get on.  Work has started with the engine built and basic cockpit painted, ready for detailing.  I'll post my progress in the week but here's the box art which I think is rather good! 

20180507_215306

20180506_172510

Thanks for looking guys.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ok im going to really follow here :popcorn:. Ive been thinking of buying this or maybe Eduards F.  

I can without a doubt say Eduards will be superior but this one still has an engine you can displayed which I intend to do.

• Like 1

Update on progress so far, I forgot to take sprue shots so here's where I'm at currently.

20180511_190027

20180511_190031

20180511_190040

Need to finish some more detailing and the cockpit areas will be getting a wash this evening before I can button up the fuselage. Wing sections are all together and hopefully by the end of the weekend I can get the fuselage and wings glued up. 

• Like 4

Weekends work has left the 109 in this state...

20180513_165634

Engines ready to be installed, need to finish a bit of sanding first and then she's good to go! Will get pics of the cockpit next weekend but she's coming along! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Looks to be a good fit.

It actually isn't bad, only issue is there's no locator pins which make it a little tricky.

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very nice work, I really like your engine it looks great.

Thanks minion.

• Like 2

Cowling now attached, flaps added. Next jobs are to add the radiators and the engine intake cowling which in the pic is just added to test the fit. Debating whether to also pose this open and scratch build some interior detail. 

20180520_114422

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

If you have the cowling open, ICM do some nice figures that can be tinkering in the engine.

That's a possibility but she'll most likely go on display in my Cabinet with my Bf109E-4.  I may look at posing some if I can get bases etc, maybe with some Luftwaffe wings in the foreground.

• Like 1