Masking aircraft

cocky05d

Hi ,i have mentioned before i am in the middle of finishing 19 1/72 aircraft ,having trouble masking on 6 of them

Hurricane

Hawker Typhoon

Tomahawk

and 3 French ww2 aircraft ,that i forgotten the names !.

The RAF ones have the typical 2 colour upper camo schemes .

Don't know what it is but the usual methods of masking is making my head spin ,paper masks ,Blue tack ,even tried using a pencil to lightly draw the shape of the camo .

Found out that even if you spray over them you can still see the lines ,Doh .

Don't know if it is a loss of mojo ,whatever that is .so i spent yesterday and today spraying the props and wheels ,even sprayed the road wheels on a 1/35 Panzer four .

But every time i try to mask ,my poor old brain shuts down .It  not as if i haven't managed it in the past.

Don't know why i am posting this ,any help would be welcome ,as long as you don't tell me to pull myself together .

• Like 1

Well First this in the wrong area but i will give you my two pence worth. You have 18 problems to many. You're overloaded and thats probably why your brain is going blank on the masking. My suggestion is to beeak that 19 down into more manageble bites. Say 2-3 kits at a time, preferably of similar camouflage patterns to make masking easier and quicker. Shelve the others until those 2-3 are almost finished. I hope that helps.  

Dennis 

@Mike may want to move this to the proper area. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,thanks for the reply ,i was thinking about doing what you suggest .The Spitfire PR in Swedish markings just needs touching up the paint work and the prop spinner painting red .

Same with a P51D Red tails and a NMF Super Sabre .

Trouble is i like making kits don't like painting.

I thought i had posted the above post already .

Anyway ,finished painting the Airfix P51D and Spitfire ,also the Revell P47D .Going to start with the decals after i have given them a coat of klear