Royal Navy Fighter Squadron Hurricane

On 5/16/2018 at 3:06 PM, Grey Beema said:

Cheers Tony, I have a Sea Hurricane and Hellcat I in progress at the moment (Carrier Ahoy GB) - but I an very interested in this Hurricane as Charlton is not currently represented in my collection as yet and would be a welcome addition and something that is a bit different from the Temperate Sea Scheme..

I looked at the photo in the Haynes Hurricane book and it appeared to be coded simply `B' in blue. Looks as if they were repainted in Temperate Sea Scheme for convoy patrols,.... I believe that some Martlet Mk.III`s were refinished in this way too.

Cheers

Tony

A Martlet III in the desert scheme... now there's an idea.

Meanwhile, a little more painting has been done on the Hurricane:

2018-05-17_09-17-18

The Dark Earth probably needs another coat but then it's gloss and transfers time.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, tonyot said:

Those decals look bloody nice,...... you are doing a cracking job here Beard!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony. There's plenty of time left for me to make a mess of it.

8 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

Gonna do one.. the decal sheet has arrived, just need to source the Vokes filter.. any ideas? 

I'm not aware of any aftermarket Hurricane Vokes filters, so the best you'll get are the ones the Airfix, AZ and Revell Hurricane IIcs have. Not the correct ones mind but probably the best you be able to get; unless a Spitfire one could be adapted?

I have three, that I swapped for Spitfire Vokes filters, but I think I need them all for some Malta Hurricanes; I'll check and may be able to spare one.

Edited by Beard
to correct spelling.
  • Like 2

All the transfers done and the undercarriage installed.

20180522_175918

(There are a few patchy bits of Middle Stone that need touching up.)

I'm not convinced by the wheels in the kit and might replace them with the ones that are in the Airfix fabric-wing kit:

20180522_180007

(They're the unpainted ones.)

Opinions are welcome.

Also drilled a recess in the landing light bits, which I'll drop some chrome paint into in a vain attempt to replicate the landing lights:

20180522_180015

Thanks for looking.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...