Hi all, life got in the way last year to complete the Slave 1, but this year I've found the time and really enjoyed this build. I wanted to show Solo in the carbonite so decided to present him in the lower cockpit bay, I hope you all enjoy the photos.

dohgQaW.jpg
wFWGdYE.jpg
YZgxtft.png
Sinfsk1.png
lPL6dJm.jpg
ekMICc2.jpg
eM4OXST.jpg
8NiRl0i.jpg
LHvjBH0.jpg
XCgDXqV.jpg
tmC81AG.jpg
w9J2ls8.jpg
v1blqpZ.jpg
QQlyJ64.jpg
N03AO97.jpg
N94StMq.jpg
dIvcHPH.jpg
DSFzAns.jpg
LOpQB5E.jpg
mXershG.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 28

31 minutes ago, Wulf said:

You did a great job on the "bleached" look of the ship. Did you overspray it to achieve this?

Thanks for the kind words,no i did not overspray or filter it,i used shaving gel,dabbed on with some pipe lagging sponge,then airbrushed the next colour,whilst it was still wet,then rinsed the part under tap water,i tried the technique on my Gundam build and liked the effects i was getting,it can eat into the base paint if your don't seal it first,but on this project it gave some nice effects.

4 hours ago, Carts said:

Cracking build,Great lighting effects as well.

Thanks,i had to leave the canopy off until the end due to the reflections ruining the details,but it's not too bad in person when you see it.

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Great work dude. Did you do your own lighting or is it a kit?

Thanks ! It was my own lighting,a few smd's and some multi colour slow/fast flashing led's that lit up the fibre optics,pretty easy stuff really,just needs a bit of forward planning.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...