Sky Hussars Display Team Capeti Red 1904

Hi Guys
May I present you my 

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21bis Fishbed-L Hungarian Air Force Sky Hussars Display Team Capeti Red 1904, February 1983
DSC_5419.jpg

DSC_5409.jpg

DSC_5411.jpg

DSC_5413.jpg

DSC_5415.jpg

DSC_5418.jpg

Built note,

The kits is an Academy 1:48 scale Mig-21MF which is more of a Bis imho, the kit is fairly simple to built three main sprue and two weapons sprue, This was built for a GB for a group called ISM on FB. I got the kit from a friend however, the Canopy was missing so he gave me an Eduard one and there was problem the dimension won't match so I have to do some surgeries and somehow let the canopy sit on the canopy, it was bit daunting task for me as I was cutting clear parts, What I don't like about the kit trivial tho was the cockpit was a separate section from the body and joining the two was tricky. For paint, I used Tamiya flat red and yellow, however, to give the brick-like the tone was tricky have to do a couple of trial and error, hope it is turned out as closed to the real thing, What I like about the scheme I didn't have to do a lot of stencils as it was painted over if am not mistaken? Hope it has turned ok, thank you guys!!! Cheers

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 34

I like that !!

Much nicer than mine for which I just used Trainer Yellow - the orange sets it off much better.

Found it a fairly straightforward and rewarding kit which stands out nicely in the display among a host of camo models.

Rog

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MartinSK said:

I like this. MIG-21in orange looks very good!

Thank you very much Mate,

4 hours ago, roginoz said:

I like that !!

Much nicer than mine for which I just used Trainer Yellow - the orange sets it off much better.

Found it a fairly straightforward and rewarding kit which stands out nicely in the display among a host of camo models.

Rog

Hi Rog, I hope your one also was good, mine I am happy that after so many trial and errors somehow the paint seem to be looking alright hehehe, I agree with you, however, I don't do much 48 scale no real esatate lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, F-32 said:

Great work and a lovely scheme!

Thanks, Mate really appreciate the kind words.

7 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Lovely model of a lovely aircraft.

I photographed her at Solnok (sadly missed) in 2013 and as you can see she is faded to yellow.

resized_5f18159e-01a3-487a-ad3c-c51daffd

Wow, just wow, you are a lucky mate to see the real thing. She is mean looking yet look nice. Thank you for the kind words and sharing this picture. cheers

6 hours ago, djos said:

Unusual representation of this old warrior.

Great work and well chosen version. Bravo!

Regards Djordje

Thanks, Buddy Unusual indeed but look nice :) I say, cheers

6 hours ago, noelh said:

Sky Hussars! Well yes Hussars were famous for being over the top and colourful. Certainly qualifies.

Cheers Mate, Sky Hussar!!

• 3 years later...