HS 129 The Tank Killer , DONE!!!!!!!

On 7/3/2018 at 8:53 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Nice one Franz 

Its coming along a treat, I have to find a way of building a gun for a future build of a Blackburn Perth. Any tips ?

cheers Pat

Karaya do the Vickers C.O.W. Gun fighter in both major scales, which includes a resin gun. Possibly an email to them would result in something positive, even if some squids had to change hands. At the very least you could buy a copy of the kit and use it as a type model to allow replication of the gun in metal and plastic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The COW gun will probably be a cow to make:

COWCray.jpg

It's the one at the bottom.

http://www.quarryhs.co.uk/cannon_pioneers.htm

No worries MR Squarehead , it is possible to make. Thanks for the picture and link. I'm more interested in kit itself. As the flying boats maniac, I would like to make one in the future. 

Bellow Is my next step towards "victory line"  I painted a second color on the top. Looks fine, next will be clear coat of  MR Color GX for protection.  

Yjrvi41.jpg

CW4HC48.jpg

tgZGLNM.jpg

Thanks for watching,  

• Like 8

On 7/3/2018 at 9:48 PM, Franz75 said:

Hi Jockney.  I didn't know that kit even existed.  Who made it?  

About a gun, you have to get COW 30mm cannon's shop drawings or very good picture. Next buy Trumpeter's set and put is together. Good thing about the set is possibility to slide one pipe to another. use super glue or solder whole  thing .  

https://www.ebay.com/p/Trumpeter-Master-Tools-20cm-Brass-Pipe-Set-3-dia-1-1-1-4mm-Copper-09944/1872889205

Hi Franz

Thanks for the info regarding the cannon. The kit / build details are below. There is a couple of short films which show both the aircraft and cannon in action.

Thanks also to both the Sarg and Rob for the additional picture and reference to Karaya. I shall let you know how I get on.

More importantly this build is looking the business, keep up the good work Franz. :clap:

cheers Pat

Hello every one.

HS 129 is ready to receive a  desert camouflage,

The plane is painted in standard scheme with decals, as the real one.  Before she has arrived to Africa, she got a quick field style painting job by ground personal. They painted her with RLM 79 over standard camouflage scheme. 

MvHJUhQ.jpg

egnQD4e.jpg

lwe0GYH.jpg

• Like 4

Please tell me you're not going to cover this lovely paint job Franz? 

I think a panel line wash and some weathering are all this kit needs to finish it off, however it may not qualify as an MTO build I suppose. 

Either way, I'm sure you'll do a lovely job, however I'm just saying it looks so good at the moment. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Please tell me you're not going to cover this lovely paint job Franz? 

I think a panel line wash and some weathering are all this kit needs to finish it off, however it may not qualify as an MTO build I suppose. 

Either way, I'm sure you'll do a lovely job, however I'm just saying it looks so good at the moment. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Yes Rabbit Leader I have to cover it with RLM 79. I know it looks nice, but it will be even better afterwards. 😁

• Like 2

I have added a desert paint RLM 79, but I have strange feeling that something is missing. Well ,  check it out and let me know. 

MP1yEUe.jpg

UcdRvi6.jpg

m8W90Aq.jpg

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Gorby said:

I would never have thought of using 'Deck Tan' to get that effect, but it looks very effective.

Thanks,

It has to be mix 1/10  one drop of paint and ten drops of thinner.  Try your self.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This how she looks after weathering.  For me she is done, I'm happy with result. Maybe she looks bitten and dirty but it is how I like it. 

Yellow had fade a little after wash,  also I applied "desert sand " pigment hire and there.  

9bp7R02.jpg

43jFvkB.jpg

Ed1qBNv.jpg

Q0E8fhh.jpg

VgNFgMY.jpg

Edited by Franz75
  • Like 5

• Franz75 changed the title to HS 129 The Tank Killer , DONE!!!!!!!