Dear friends of Paul

My name is Zoe and I am Paul's wife.  he has asked me to write to you both.  Paul has had a bit of a set back and finding it difficult to speak and read. Tumours have been found in his brain and they told us on Friday that it is unlikely he will be able to have any further treatment.

He has asked me to write to you to say he would like each of you to have one of his ongoing projects as he says he is unlikely to finish them. Ron, Paul would like me to send you his McLaren. Codger Paul would likel you to have is Eagle.  He has so enjoyed chatting to you and swapping ideas and he says you have all been a joy and he could never have done as much as he has without all his friends on Britmodeller.

please can you both send me your addresses so that I can post them to you. Is there a way I can do this privately so that we don't have to make this information public?

Kindest regards

Zoe

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Hi Zoe,

I'm the owner of this here forum, and would like to pass on our best wishes to Paul and hope that he can stay with us and enjoy the modelling vicariously even if he's not able to actively take part.  I'm sure the guys will gladly drop you a Private Message (PM) to make contact, but if you have a look in the top right of the forum window, you can send messages from the little envelope or speech bubble icon (depends on whether you're using a PC, tablet or phone), or you can right-click on their avatars and choose "send message" to start a PM.

Give him our best, and tell him we're thinking of him :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Dear Zoe,

I am stunned by this turn of events. Like Mike and any of us who have enjoyed Paul's work, , I pray that Paul can stay in contact with us.

I am also amazed that our communications have had such an impact on Paul that he wishes to extend his magnificent work, now in the form of this gift, to me. I must digest all this unexpected and troubling  news then I will shortly contact you by Private Message.

Please convey my best wishes and thanks to Paul and hope his care can improve his well-being.

C

• Like 1

Paul and Zoe,

You don't know me, which I suppose is the point.

I have learned so much from the posts on this forum. Yours have been no exception. When we post we can never know who will learn what - a new technique perhaps, the vicarious pleasure of skill expressed that's beyond ones grasp, inspiration to do better, a better understanding of the original design, a previously unknown fact (usually the exact number of rivets holding an unregarded bracket!). Differences of opinion are common and sometimes acrimonious but ultimately I believe we all share a passion for the accurate representation of aircraft, cars, ships, tanks etc. A surprisingly expensive hobby in many ways - the kits, tools, materials, time and potential impact on homelife and relationships. But ultimately it is a harmless pass-time that delights us and probably bemuses everyone else.

Why do I take your time with all of this? Because news like yours puts everything in perspective. In the grand scheme of things, models are of course a frivolous luxury. But while I can't speak for others, I would be surprised if I am alone as a member of this large community in feeling moved to offer a stranger, my solidarity, support to you and your family at this difficult time.

Best wishes

Nick

Edited by NickD
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Dear Zoe and Paul, apart from being a modeler, I'm a medical doctor too....so I'm very saddened to hear that a human being is so sick.

I hope Paul will quickly get healthier.

All my thoughts are with you

• Like 4

Well said Nick.

Zoe, my thoughts and prayers are with you both at this most trying time.

I wish you both the strength and the courage to fight this.

God bless.

• Like 1

Zoe,

I wish all the best for Paul and yourself. I am now two years post surgery for GIST and Liver cancer and can empathise greatly with what you are going through. 

I know during my time pre surgery and post surgery coming on here to take my mind off it all, learn new things and watching Codger, Roy and others build was a great relief. My stash grows, but my time building is probably going to be limited at some point in time, but the stash stays as a reminder there will be builds to come and keeps you on good form.

Paul, sounds like a top bloke and i admire his skills, he is indeed fortunate to have someone like you to encourage these and others. 

All my best to you all and thank you from me , a lurker , part time builder but most certainly the better for being allowed a glimpse into your work bench. 

Thank you 

Nic 

Edited by cati
  • Like 2

I'm so very sorry to hear about this, Zoe please tell Paul from all of us in the States to listen to the docs and please keep up to speed on these forums, as I know it gives him great pleasure in doing so.  Bless you for letting us know, and all positive thoughts are sent his way!  Thank you!

Darin

Please tell Paul that he can still build in his mind because as someone said before here building is 80 ./. solutionning and planning in the mind and the rest is execution. 

The cars Paul built are beautifully crafted and meticulate. Codger and Ron are a great choice to finish the work and honour the quality of Paul's builds. 

This tells me that Paul is doing very well in his mind.

Wishing you courage and good luck to you Zoe as well and of course to Paul

Sam

• Like 4