Anybody do 1/48 EC 2/596 decals?

ReccePhreak

I want to build one of my 1/48 MS.406 models in the markings of EC 2/596, as in the third profile below.

Untitled.FR10-290.jpg

I have been unable to find any aftermarket decals for the "Phoenix" badge. Does anybody know of a source?

Larry

lengesath(AT)cox(DOT)net

On 5/6/2018 at 7:14 AM, Gorby said:

These are all the decals available for this aircraft according to Scalemates, I don't know if what you need is amongst them:

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=1%3A48+MS.406*&fkTYPENAME[]="Decals"&fkTYPEGROUP[]="Morane-Saulnier MS 406"

Thanks for the reply. I had already looked at that site, but apparently none of them have any markings that include the "Phoenix" emblem like in the profile.

AeroMaster 48-455: Fighting Moranes, pt 2 has markings for an EC 2/596 bird, but it appears to have a different emblem. I haven't found a hi-res scan of the sheet, to be sure.  I have ordered the sheet off of ebay, just in case.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
spelling
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Aeromaster have it on Aeromaster 48-455: Fighting Moranes, pt 2

Thanks, I just ordered one of those sheets off of ebay, even though the unit emblem looks different. 

I haven't found a really clear pic, to be sure.

Larry

On 5/6/2018 at 7:46 AM, SleeperService said:

If it is no use to you I'll buy the sheet off you. I'm having a bit of a French theme going on at the moment.

I found a fairly hi-res image of the sheet, and I am pretty sure it will work for me, even though it's a different camouflage scheme than the one in my profile, The important thing is that it's for a bird flown in Indochina during the Franco-Thai air war. I plan to make my aircraft as one of the planes reportedly captured by the Thais and impressed into service with them, and remarked in Thai markings.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
spelling