1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.IA by Hobby 2000 (Hasegawa rebox)

Botan

Polish model distributor is going to rebox Hasegawa Hawker Hurricane with decals made by Techmod.

60106919487709887969.jpg

Price in Polish shops is going to be around 56 pln, so around 11 pounds.

Czech company Fly has also just about to release a limited rebox (500 pieces) of Hasegawa's Hurricane Mk.IIa & IIb with new decals etc:

ukOnaYE.jpg

oC9tetw.jpg

http://www.72news.eu/2018/05/fly-hawker-hurricane-mkii-boxart.html

http://www.72news.eu/2018/05/fly-hawker-hurricane-mk-ii-b-exhase.html

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Absolutely no disrespect intended to Messrs Bader, Gleed and Clowes, but wouldn't it be a nice change to get a Battle of Britain Hurricane boxing with some of the other Hurricance aces? I mean there were others... 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

Absolutely no disrespect intended to Messrs Bader, Gleed and Clowes, but wouldn't it be a nice change to get a Battle of Britain Hurricane boxing with some of the other Hurricance aces? I mean there were others... 

Cheers,

Stew

Absolutely. Or even some 'unknown' aircraft flown by ordinary squadron pilots - the ones (the majority) who struggled to get even one kill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Totally agree - your USP surely would have been the new markings difficult to find or not done before?

Well yes - but consider what Hobby 2000 are doing - re-issuing decent quality kits with much improved quality decals compared to the originals at very good prices. Offering something unique in the decals would require a lot of research and research costs money. If Hobby 2000 charged accordingly, then people would then be expecting improved plastic, photo etch etc. etc.

I think Hobby 2000 are doing a great job - I'm buying up everything relevant to my collection as the become available.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Cheers,

Stew

Peter Brothers' aircraft is one I'm after but I would like to build Gleed's aircraft especially as he diddn't survive the War.