PIT STOP. click on link on my 'signature' for vids

That's a good effort Badder! I quite enjoyed the west country accent I might add, it's perfectly clear to me what you're saying so nothing wrong with that I'd say. Nice to see the dio in full size like this! For next time, you might want to try and keep the camera from jumping up and down, it's a tad uncomfortable sometimesĀ šŸ™‚Ā Before you know it you'll be running a pro studio there.Ā 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JeroenS said:

That's a good effort Badder! I quite enjoyed the west country accent I might add, it's perfectly clear to me what you're saying so nothing wrong with that I'd say. Nice to see the dio in full size like this! For next time, you might want to try and keep the camera from jumping up and down, it's a tad uncomfortable sometimesĀ šŸ™‚Ā Before you know it you'll be running a pro studio there.Ā 

Thanks Jeroen, and LOL.

Sorry about that. The video was 'found footage' the kind that featured in 'The Blair Witch Project' and other total rubbish like it šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. I shall try to be less seasick-inducing in future. But no, I doubt I'll ever be running the channel in a 'professional studio-type way'. That just isn't the way I work when it comes to dioramas. I'm very messy.

Ā 

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badder said:

I'm very messy.

Keep on messin'!Ā 

Ā 

Your results don't suffer from it, is what I say šŸ™‚Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Keep on messin'!Ā 

Ā 

Your results don't suffer from it, is what I say šŸ™‚Ā 

Thanks again.

I'll be honest, the plaster dust, dirt, grime, and where I tend to mix paint on my cutting mat often ends up being applied as washes lol. Honest. I apply so many washes it saves on having to make them up every time!

Ā 

Badder.

• Like 1

Just saw the video, excellent stuff, it's great to see the house that I kind of feel like I know quite well in moving 3 dimensions as it were !

As mentioned above your country accent is great, and very conducive to narration I'd say, giving a relaxed but authoritative text !

Liked and subscribed on utube..I look forward keenly to the next instalment ! šŸ‘

• Haha 1

On 16/04/2021 at 06:09, Badder said:

Click on this link to see my vid........Ā Ā  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5jioZlljQPHY05QzTQ2zMA

Fantastic vid badder, itā€™s only watching that clip did I realise how big itā€™s turned out. I look forward to the next instalment.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2021 at 10:16 AM, Pig of the Week said:

Just saw the video, excellent stuff, it's great to see the house that I kind of feel like I know quite well in moving 3 dimensions as it were !

As mentioned above your country accent is great, and very conducive to narration I'd say, giving a relaxed but authoritative text !

Liked and subscribed on utube..I look forward keenly to the next instalment ! šŸ‘

Thanks Piggy, and Lol.

Most appreciated. There is a 2nd, short 'teaser' vid available to see, touching on 'plaster dust washes' and a full detailed one will follow. I'm just about getting the hang of it all.

Ā 

Cheers about my accent. lol. Not often it gets complimented pmpl,

Ā 

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 12:05 PM, Ozzy said:

Fantastic vid badder, itā€™s only watching that clip did I realise how big itā€™s turned out. I look forward to the next instalment.

Hi and thanks for that Clive,

I hope you and yours are all well.

I'll slip you a tenner for promoting my channel lol.

Ā 

Yes, it's quite heavy too! I haven't actually weighed it but I'm guessing 2-3kg lol

BTW, I think Pig of the Week may be taking the mickey out of our Wiltshur axxunt. What do you reckon??? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Ā 

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 4:38 PM, Major_Error said:

"Building a ruined model is harder than a new ".

Hi Major,

I say that to myself all of the time! Were you quoting me? Lol.

One upside, it's much more fun making ruined things.

Ā 

Thanks for your comments as always, and I congratulate you on your sticking with it.

Ā 

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

Hey Badder,Ā  great video.Ā  Nice to see things from other angles.Ā  We get a better sense of scale and of yourĀ work space. Thanks!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RichO said:

Hey Badder,Ā  great video.Ā  Nice to see things from other angles.Ā  We get a better sense of scale and of yourĀ work space. Thanks!

Hi Rich,

You really DON'T want to see what my workspace looks like normally lol. I have done my best to shield it from view, but after this visit to BM I will be constructing a proper 'filming booth' so it looks more professional lol

Ā 

TC

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Ā 

BTW, I think Pig of the Week may be taking the mickey out of our Wiltshur axxunt. What do you reckon??? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Ā 

Rearguards,

Badder

Hehhe :)... Actually I'm quite serious, your accent comes over really well for voice-over / narration.. šŸ‘

• Thanks 1

• Badder changed the title to PIT STOP. Made Youtube vid. Link top page 1 of the thread

First the small picture screen and now U TUBE!Ā  Makes me glad to say I knew him before all the media storm took over.:nod:Ā  All though truth to tell your channelĀ  is going to be a great way to understand the kind of work you are doing with the moving pictures as has been said the scale of the project comes across with more clarity.Ā  Ā Regarding your worry about the accent, don't have a care. you are quite understandable and as the dulcet melodious vocalization alights on our shell like ears, we can hear " Eh? Whatz that he said? ":ner:Ā Ā 

Ā 

p.s. the above is mostlyĀ all Bravo Serra, so rest easy, yourĀ videos and voice overs are very fine. Well Done.:like:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Prop Duster said:

, don't have a care. you are quite understandable and as the dulcet melodious vocalization alights on our shell like ears, we can hear " Eh? Whatz that he said? ":ner:Ā Ā 

Hi Steve,

I put on my 'best accent' for 'public broadcasts' just for people like you who have more discerning 'shell-likes' that might shatter otherwise.Ā  Usually I have an even thicker Wilshur axunt.Ā  Also, when I'm writing/typing I use big posh words, but tend not to use them when talking in 'real life' because it just doesn't go with the accent. I think it makes me sound pretentiousĀ  lol. I manage to slip a few into the narration though.

Ā 

I did think about mixing up my accents for a bit of comedy now and then, but I will stick with deliberately mixing metaphors, such as in the vid for the 'indestructible tree' where I say: 'you spiral up and up to the top and the last one is like sticking a fairy on top of a cake'. I could have edited it out, but I think it's funny, even though some may think I'm just dumb lol

Ā 

Thank you for your thoughts, as always.

Ā 

TC

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Haha 1

Just watched your mini art buildings vid...Excellent and clearly explained, obviously having it demonstrated in front of you like that is ideal, and so much more effective than a written description. Great stuff, look forward to new ones appearing ongoing... šŸ‘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pig of the Week said:

Just watched your mini art buildings vid...Excellent and clearly explained, obviously having it demonstrated in front of you like that is ideal, and so much more effective than a written description. Great stuff, look forward to new ones appearing ongoing... šŸ‘

Ā 

Ow do chap.

Thanks very much, it is appreciated.

If I had any idea how much work was involved in setting up a channel, filming, producing, editing, subtitling and processing videos, I honestly don't think I'd have bothered lol It's almost as if all these 'shiny, sparkly, beautiful-people videos' you see on there are professionally produced, or sponsored by companies, or that someone gives you a helping hand to do the work for you................. oh hang on.......Ā :huh::banghead::drunk:

Ā 

But seriously, what sounds like a simple thing, to explain in writing how to 'do things' can actually be very involved when you think about every little detail of WHY you do things a certain way, AND try to answer any questions before they are even asked. That compulsion I feel to answer questions before they are asked is why my threads and posts tend to be long, like this one. QED. lol

Ā 

Not sure of the topic of the next vid cos I have to remake the 'tiled roof' one at some point, after Youtube cut the last 8 mins or so off the last one. grrrrrrrrrrr.

Ā 

Ā 

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2021 at 8:23 AM, Pig of the Week said:

What would be brilliant would be a video on casting from the mini art models etc, with an actual demo, I'm sure there's lots of folk out there, myself included, who would find that very useful indeed... just a thought..

Hi Pete,

Yes, having thought about it that will be my next video. I do need to make some out-buildings for this one. I was planning on using the moulds I already have, but I could always make moulds of MiniArt's Polish City Building which was shown in the last video. I'll make a mould of that side wall I used to demonstrate how to remove parts from the backing sheet properly. i.e. NOT how most people do it.......... yes, I'm plugging the vid lol, which can be found via the link at the bottom of this post!

Ā 

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Badder. No mater what, any of your words written or spoken, are as "pearls (of wisdom) strewn before the swine". Well not ME especially, but the literation must trump any minor hurt feelings of theĀ communi hominum.Ā  SoĀ  jobs well done, both the Face Book andĀ the Brit Modeller.Ā 

Ā I must away on my mighty steed:hobbyhorse:to spread joy and hope to the "Ā little people" (of whom there are so many).Ā Noblesse oblige is a burden most gladly taken up, as you well know.Ā 

Ā 

"To limitlessness and a long-ish way off"Ā -Loose Right EarĀ spacer.png

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It stinks to be the last guy to the party!šŸ˜Ā  comments like, "wow, great party" seem, well.Ā late!Ā  Nonetheless, GREAT party!Ā  wow - all sorts of great work going on! -

Ā 

OK, back to the corner, I'll enjoy my beer and be quiet!Ā Ā šŸ˜

Ā 

Cheers

NickĀ 

• Haha 2

On 5/24/2021 at 7:51 PM, Stickframe said:

It stinks to be the last guy to the party!šŸ˜Ā  comments like, "wow, great party" seem, well.Ā late!Ā  Nonetheless, GREAT party!Ā  wow - all sorts of great work going on! -

Ā 

OK, back to the corner, I'll enjoy my beer and be quiet!Ā Ā šŸ˜

Ā 

Cheers

NickĀ 

Hi Nick,Ā 

Funnily enough 'All sorts of great work going on' is a comment which appeared word for word on my YouTube video on 'how to make a tiled roof'. And in that 15 mins or so vid, 10 minutes consists of nothing but close-up shots of a piece of graph paper.
There are some strange people about. lol. But here, the length of this thread can hardly fail to contain anything but 'lots of work'. Whether it's 'great work' is debatable lol. But thanks!

I think you're a level or two up from me though!

Ā 

TC

Rearguards,

Badder

On 5/16/2021 at 2:51 AM, Prop Duster said:

"pearls (of wisdom) strewn before the swine"

Hi Steve,

Now you're just quoting random stuff lol.

If I had pearls, real or metaphorical, I'd sell them.

Ā 

Hope all is good in your universe.

TC

Badder

Ā 

Ā