3 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Looking good so far! Those wheels are pretty nice for an Monogram kit.

Yes im surprised they came from the old Monogram but thats what i like about the older Revellogram kits. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Hello everyone ... I managed to place the few decals on the Stuka yesterday. Most of these will be painted over or on the upper wings at least partially painted over. Hg8i9lI.jpg

Z8qCWVC.jpg

Q7xqq74.jpg

I also managed to finish the exhausts for the plane. 

xHLtNcU.jpg

Tomorrow i will do the Green distemper and matte black. Have a good day and as usual questions ? comments ? or jokes ? 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hello Everybody ... I was able to finish the painting and clear-coating on the Stuka today. I wasn't sure how to approach the final camouflage ? Mirror wave or just a plain green to blend the color together ? I decided to try the mirrorwave with the green. If it got messed up i could just go for the overal green. Im glad i went for the mirror wave as it turned out quite well and you can still see the original splinter through the wave.

hVZ18ST.jpg

I was actually able to photograph it outside for once. 

F4pInzR.jpg

7k9c4IA.jpg

Some close ups of the blacked out markings. 

Zg3Wkv2.jpg

PRDeHfx.jpg

I4NjPQP.jpg

Next is to place the single letter codes, weathering, and ordnance. Feel free to ask questions ? comment ? Or say a joke ? 

Dennis

• Like 11

Top job Dennis, the answer may be looking me in the face? Are the markings blacked out because of its night time activities?

• Like 1

Hello @Ozzy ... Yes some night harassment FW-190’s that flew across the channel in 1942 were also blacked out like that. I believe it was SOP for daytime aircraft rushed into the night harassment role. As time progressed and more aircraft arrived at a unit they could take there time in applying low viz markings. If you look closely i painted the wing crosses out with green and just left the white outlines. And the lower crosses were covered by the bombracks. I just overpainted the area and never placed them. 

Dennis

P.S.- Heres a link to @FalkeEins blog. About 2/3rds down the page is a photo of a night harassement FW in Sicily thats been blacked out. http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2013/01/?m=1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Oh, that's a nice paint job Dennis. Must have take a fair while to do.

Thanks Gorby ... Yes thats 5 paints over 4 sessions. A lot of masking and time involved but well worth the effort as im pretty happy with the results. 

• Like 2

Hello @Thud4444 ... Thanks for the comment. No You didn't miss it. I wasn't brave enough to try the Mirrorwave freehand.  They're done with The U.S. equivalent of Blutac rolled into worms. About 75 minutes to roll all of them.  

Dennis

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

Lovely work Dennis - loving that mirrorwave - I've not seen that before :thumbsup:

Hello BIG X Mirrorwave was a common camouflage late in the war on both nightfighters and armored vehicles. Heres an example of a Panther tank in Mirrorwave. 

bWgySMy.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello BIG X Mirrorwave was a common camouflage late in the war on both nightfighters and armored vehicles. Heres an example of a Panther tank in Mirrorwave. 

bWgySMy.jpg

That is pretty amazing - I guess you would need to be working at 1/35 at least to pull this off - if not 1/16 - but it is a beautiful scheme.

• Like 2

On 2 June 2018 at 23:38, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

bWgySMy.jpg

Thanks Dennis, I've just picked up the Takom kit and now you given me the paint scheme I will have a go at.

• Like 1

Hello everyone ... Bit of a delay here and on my 262. I pulled a stupid and put an X-Acto through my airbrush finger. It fell and i went to catch it just as it landed on my desk. Result ... X-Acto bounced up just as my hand came down. Sliced through my index finger on my right hand. 

Dennis

• Sad 1