Heller Curtiss 75 A3 #### Finished ####

I seem to be favouring French Air Force Air at the moment. Having recently built a Dewoitine D510, I found this one lurking in the stash.

IMG_3684

I think the glue has seen better days !

IMG_3685

I am toying with the idea of doing this one in Vichy colours. This will be a test bed for the Loire flying boat I have on the go in this GB

IMG_3687

cheers Pat

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

All quiet in the Jockney household this morning.

Mrs Jockney is down in Glasgow, with older twins, Im at home with the younger twins both of whom are still zzzzzzzzzz.

So a bit of progress, plus try to mask the Barracuda canopy !

IMG_3866

cheers Pat

• Like 3

Hi Pat,

blooody hell, this takes me back to when I was forbidden to wear trousers, because my knees were always scratched and dripping with blood...

Even the small glue thingy brings a tear to my eyes. Do not bother to try and sniff it, it is sure past its sell by date!

The decals look fine and the roundels even look centered! Am I dreaming? The blue in the center is thank goodness way too dark! At least something that is going as planned!!!

If I remember right, the engine is microscopic, but the rest does end up looking like a Curtiss.

You should have a lot of fun with it!

As a matter of interest, how many more sets of twins do you have between the oldest set and the youngest set? Just curious, and not a little in awe!

Cheers

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi Pat,

blooody hell, this takes me back to when I was forbidden to wear trousers, because my knees were always scratched and dripping with blood...

Even the small glue thingy brings a tear to my eyes. Do not bother to try and sniff it, it is sure past its sell by date!

The decals look fine and the roundels even look centered! Am I dreaming? The blue in the center is thank goodness way too dark! At least something that is going as planned!!!

If I remember right, the engine is microscopic, but the rest does end up looking like a Curtiss.

You should have a lot of fun with it!

As a matter of interest, how many more sets of twins do you have between the oldest set and the youngest set? Just curious, and not a little in awe!

Cheers

JR

Hi Jean

Just the 2 sets I'm afraid, we had 4 kids under 4 so as you can imagine things were a little hectic to say the least.

Strangely enough Mrs Jockney was reluctant to add to this, although my daughter did ask for a pair of sisters for Christmas once, obviously assuming any additions would come in pairs !

cheers Pat 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Pat

I am very happy to see a Curtiss H75 in this Gb ...

Good luck with the heller kit and Happy Modelling ..

Patrice

Hi Patrice

Thanks very much for your kind words.

cheers Pat

Oh dear long overdue an update

IMG_3881

IMG_3880

IMG_3882

Apologies I thought I had taken more photos between now and when I last posted.

The wings were an absolute sod, they were pointing downwards when I first fitted them to the fuselage. I had to file the wing ends and the fuselage to create the space to get them to sit properly. I could have sworn I took a photo, but for those of a nervous disposition it's probably better I didn't !

cheers Pat

• Like 9

Gee Pat,

this is a fast moving build!

I see that you are building it with rivets, warts and the kitchen sink! Good on you! The thickness of the cross sight outside the cockpit is a sight  to behold. Made in France, no doubt, and bullet-proof!!!

Keep having fun!

JR

• Like 1

Mrs Jockney out today in a posh frock watching the Royal Wedding, chance taken to move the build along.

IMG_3888

IMG_3887

Thats 2 coats of yellow over a primer of white, still looks patchy but might look better when dry.

Looks like rest will need a second coat as well. I haven't painted the grey yet, hoping that will be one coat.

Now to get back to installing the new Koi pond and decking, whilst the suns out !

cheers Pat

• Like 8

Real vintage one, I have tried ones to do old Heller. Wow it was very unique experience, and took me a five months to finish it. Good luck with this one, I will be watching it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Long overdue update.

I treated myself to some new masking tape, strange colour but the width looks right for my Vichy stripes.

For those of you that can;

a) Do masking,

b) Enjoy masking or

c) are good at it look away now !

IMG_3901

IMG_3900

Now to find out if the red, does indeed paint over the yellow !

cheers Pat

• Like 5

On 5/20/2018 at 8:24 PM, Franz75 said:

Real vintage one, I have tried ones to do old Heller. Wow it was very unique experience, and took me a five months to finish it. Good luck with this one, I will be watching it. 

Thanks very much Franz.

Despite having a number of Heller / Smer kits I've only recently got round to building any.

I built a Dewoitine D510 recently which also had issues, perhaps third time lucky !

cheers Pat

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Glad to see progress Pat.Idid this kit for the French fancy GB a few years ago it's a dog but worth sticking with.

Thanks as always for the encouragement Steve.

I have a lot of unfinished GB projects at the moment not helped by the temptation to join the Classic Airfix GB :sorry:

cheers Pat

21 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks as always for the encouragement Steve.

I have a lot of unfinished GB projects at the moment not helped by the temptation to join the Classic Airfix GB :sorry:

cheers Pat

Go one dig something out for the Airfix GB Pat I'm doing a Stirling if you didn't know!

• Like 1

Great to see a Vichy Curtiss on the go and looking forward to seeing it finished,..... love the red and yellow trim!

Cheers

Tony

21 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Go one dig something out for the Airfix GB Pat I'm doing a Stirling if you didn't know!

Hi Steve

I would love to build the Stirling but seriously doubt I would finish it in time, I do have a "red stripe" Hampden I could build :hmmm:

For goodness sake, you're no help at all !

I'm trying to finish this one not start another, although it's only one more.....

cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/4/2018 at 11:35 PM, tonyot said:

Great to see a Vichy Curtiss on the go and looking forward to seeing it finished,..... love the red and yellow trim!

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks very much for the encouragement, I'll try not to let you down !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Getting back to the original build !

Mrs Jockney away at a conference in Stirling tonight, So a chance to try to drag some of these builds over the finish line.

Red stripes applied, masking canopy. Hoping to get finished this weekend

IMG_3904

If you were wondering what's in the background it's, the stalled Hunter from the Hawker GB and the Barracuda from the Carrier GB. And I allow Steve to talk me into a Hampden for the Airfix GB ! :frantic:

IMG_3905

cheers Pat

• Like 2

Nice one Pat almost there with this one,,For a moment I thought you'd  said the missus was out in a Stirling tonight,I won't even let mine drive the car!

• Haha 1

For those of you with a weak stomach look away now...

The recently bought masking tape is a load of rubbish

IMG_3906

IMG_3907

This is going to take ages to recover, gutted

• Like 1
  • Sad 1