Hello Everyone ... This is my latest build. Its a Hasegawa F-18C. I used Wolfpack wing folds and Hasegawa Bombs. It represents the CAG bird from the 1997-98 Med. persian gulf cruise. Uu37Hie.jpg

QmFbyIl.jpg

fN7XJIU.jpg

bQSb4C8.jpg

IfdZnoO.jpg

EvuE2cq.jpg

dtS8tJv.jpg

96hEZSz.jpg

4NW8dts.jpg

n7teQsg.jpg

Hoping everone likes this please feel free to comment ? question ? Or joke. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 30

Really nice looking Hornet. I assume this is the 1/48 scale? How did you find the build, were there any gotchas to know about as I have a Hasegawa 1/48 Fa-18D in my stash. I'm really looking forward to building it in the near future as I have a very close friend who is a Hornet driver in 18th squadron Royal Malaysian AF. I managed to find Malaysian decals so I could build his aircraft.  

• Thanks 1

Hello @pipthepilot ... Yes 1/48th scale. If i had to do it over again i wouldn't use the Wolfpack folds. I got the kit 2nd hand and the wings had already been chopped. Now for the Hasegawa kit its actually pretty good with only one exception. The wing design as it is. It makes it hard to figure out the slats/flaps. The mounting points are very fiddely and i had to C/A them. The design isn't very clear as to how to mount them. It was made worse due to my having to guess where to cut & splice the folds. Go ahead and build it when you're ready just take your time with the wings.  

Dennis

• Thanks 1

Even without a prop it's a nice looking aircraft. And you model certainly does it justice – lovely job!

Now back to building something with a visible means of propulsion – you know you want to.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Very nice, Dennis. I'd love to some more 48 scale but lack of space is a problem.

Its been an issue with me for awhile as well. Im just burning off my stash as im trying to replace with 1/72 scale. I will be getting more in 1/48 though. I have a friend moving and he doesn't want to pack his entire stash for the trip. 

52 minutes ago, Niknak said:

my next models going to be a ju 87 or a me 410. Nick

Copycat ... 🤣 ... Im currently doing an JU-87D and an Me 262. Theyre both in the Grp. Bld. Section the Stuka in the MTO 2 and the Me 262 in the 262 group build.

Dennis 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Copycat ... 🤣 ... Im currently doing an JU-87D and an Me 262. Theyre both in the Grp. Bld. Section the Stuka in the MTO 2 and the Me 262 in the 262 group build.

Dennis 

Ha ha, my ju 87 is going to be a b-2 with a snake down the lenth of the fusalarge (the airfix kit) not sure abiut theme 410 probably the meng b2 /u2.nick

• Like 1