1/72 Aeroflot Mi-8T Diorama -Some where in Soviet far north

Mi-8T Aeroflot diorama inspired by some pictures I saw some where. Civilians boarding an Aeroflot Helicopter at early fall season. Kits used are Hobbyboss Mi-8T,  ICM Ural 4320 truck , Base scratch built and People figures HO scale.

The orange color was mixed by me.

SaPc2W.jpg

gt6CRv.jpg

72XVvm.jpg

AJb0Hh.jpg

wQuOE3.jpg

BlA94L.jpg

6ZepLK.jpg

Let me know how you like it.

Regards

Vivek

Edited by vivkulan
  • Like 43

There looks to be a sinister back story to your diorama if you don’t mind me saying. People in inappropriate clothing being guided into a waiting helicopter?  Who why?  

Excellent models.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Wow, great diorama.

What is happening in the scene? It looks sinister.

To be honest , it was not meant to be sinister . My intention was to portray just a regular cold day in a remote region where people are boarding the only means of transportation, an Aeroflot Helo. The clothing of the people might be inappropriate for the cold weather , but that was the closest civilian figures I could get.

44 minutes ago, Bear Paw said:

There looks to be a sinister back story to your diorama if you don’t mind me saying. People in inappropriate clothing being guided into a waiting helicopter?  Who why?  

Excellent models.  

Please see my response to Softscience above. Hope that helps.

Edited by vivkulan

There was a TV program a couple of years ago - where Arctic 'adventurers' were flown to the North Pole by the Russians - from where they set off on various journey's - depending on their abilities.

Just like Vivkulan's diorama - but the passengers wore more appropriate cold weather gear.

Great diorama Vivkulan - but I should point out that both of the HobbyBoss kits are Mi-8MT's - despite what HB would have you believe.

Ken

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Flankerman said:

There was a TV program a couple of years ago - where Arctic 'adventurers' were flown to the North Pole by the Russians - from where they set off on various journey's - depending on their abilities.

Just like Vivkulan's diorama - but the passengers wore more appropriate cold weather gear.

Great diorama Vivkulan - but I should point out that both of the HobbyBoss kits are Mi-8MT's - despite what HB would have you believe.

Ken

Thanks Ken. Also I was aware of the fact that it is a Mi-8MT. But I thought the intake housing and the tail rotor side correction makes it a true 8T? Is that is not correct?

Very nice diorama and model.  I was looking at how you did the snow on the tarmac and thought you might have seen lots of the real stuff so I looked back and based on where you are you see plenty of snow - very nice job!  Being from a cold climate it is not unusual to see people in light clothes in the fall even if the temps are below freezing as they are hardy folks.  Certainly more cloths in winter but this just the fall with just a dusting of snow. 

13 hours ago, vivkulan said:

But I thought the intake housing and the tail rotor side correction makes it a true 8T? Is that is not correct?

No - they are very different - just changing the tail rotor etc doesn't turn it into a Mi-8T......

Mi-8T

a-differences_01.jpg

Mi-8MT.....

a-differences_02.jpg

Pavla did a resin 'correction' set to make a Mi-8T from the HB kit..........

Mi-8%20021.jpg

My build (of 3 variants) is here.

Yours is still a great diorama though.

Ken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2018 at 4:37 AM, Flankerman said:

No - they are very different - just changing the tail rotor etc doesn't turn it into a Mi-8T......

Mi-8T

a-differences_01.jpg

Mi-8MT.....

a-differences_02.jpg

Pavla did a resin 'correction' set to make a Mi-8T from the HB kit..........

Mi-8%20021.jpg

My build (of 3 variants) is here.

Yours is still a great diorama though.

Ken

Thanks Ken for the clarification. That helps.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 10:53 PM, Harold55 said:

Very nice diorama and model.  I was looking at how you did the snow on the tarmac and thought you might have seen lots of the real stuff so I looked back and based on where you are you see plenty of snow - very nice job!  Being from a cold climate it is not unusual to see people in light clothes in the fall even if the temps are below freezing as they are hardy folks.  Certainly more cloths in winter but this just the fall with just a dusting of snow. 

Thanks . I used the Scen-O-Rama snow you get during Christmas time at art stores like Hobby Lobby or Michaels here at US.

As often as I visit here I somehow missed this one.

Superb diorama and a beautifully built 'copter!

It's a pleasant surprise how the HO figures don't look undersized.

Excellent work all-round.

:clap:

• Thanks 1