Hello everyone ... I thought id post these as I finished the kit in Febuary for the Britmodeller 10th Anniversary group build. The aircraft is Academies OV-10A Bronco. The colors are from an U.S.Navy example based at China Lake with VX-5 in late 1986-87. Not exactly sure why the desert colors on a USN. Bronco ? My working theory is  a camouflage test as we were anticipating possibly getting involved in the Iran/Iraq war. CncH3v6.jpg

eRBYSJO.jpg

yzFx6gV.jpg

ot6vjLC.jpg

55E4o8N.jpg

Zt3prHv.jpg

x1LjaqE.jpg

N88w4mm.jpg

JYPwx3i.jpg

2qspGQa.jpg

In the five photo’s i found the only marking on the aircraft that hadn't been oversprayed was the XE of VX-5 on the Starboard vertical stab., even that was partially over-sprayed. Here is a link to the build. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235032165-corsairs-bronco-build/

As usual feel free to comment ? question ? Or joke.

Dennis 

• Like 36

Nice job.

I've seen the Bronco a number of times at the LHS and been ever so tempted to grab one!

Well done

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

A lovely build Sir !  And in different U.S.N colours, thanks for sharing it.

I too have built this kit, it is very nice and well worth purchasing even just for the stash.

Regards Colin.

• Thanks 1

Really nice

Quick question, how did you sort out the nose weight for the aircraft to prevent tail sitting, as there is so little space

Hello @thepureness ... Short answer its literaly packed into every nook and cranny. The entire nose is crushed fishing weights. There is a space right behind the cockpit i boxed in and filled. I also filled the space directly behind the props. If you go to the build log there are photo’s on page 2 

I hope that helps you. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle